By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Readily Available At Most Major Retailers!

Checked Best Buy, Future Shop, EB/Gamestop, Staples and WalMart and tried to get something from the Target website. They moved in to eastern Canada recently. No Xbox Ones available in store according to their websites. They either showed all stores in my province sold out or won't let me search individual stores. They're all happy to take an order and let me wait for an undetermined amount of time now though. Even that is a change from the 21st. I'm on the wait list at EB so I guess I'll just stay there. No idea when I'll get a call. I snoozed and losed.

Anthony seemed to think it likely X1 wait list would be fulfilled in the next month but wasn't hopefull they could clear a longer PS4 list before Christmas. Sorry, I'm not phoning the people in these stores. Poor bastards. This guy called every person on each list who didn't have a confirmed box to tell them not to show up at midnight. He was wearing the phone out when I saw him before the PS4 launch.

A website specifically tracking all Xbox One availability in Canada and the U.K. only showed E-Bay as a possible. Nothing on a localized second-hand site called Kijiji so I'm not sure where the scam artists are peddling the overpriced ones around here. I can wait a couple weeks.

I doubt anyone from my region would be getting info from VGC. Just posting to show the palettes of unsold 'Ones' reported in New Zealand in another thread and shown above in Germany and some parts of the U.S. are at least possibly an aberration and that Microsoft have apparently erred in their product distribution. As someone else said they may be gone already.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
I think in comparison MS shipped more consoles than Sony. Sony shipped somewhere around 1-1.2million consoles in NA, and they are gone just about everywhere. A sizable chunck of PS4 stock is being held for Black Friday and EU launch, where Sony will be hitting at least 18 Countries or so.

MS has assuredly shipped over a million WW, its more of a question of allocation. I would guess they shipped 1.5million WW as bare minimum they would. Somewhere around 500k to 700k of this would be held for US specifically and the rest allocated to the other 12 countries. UK would get the next biggest chunk for sure. So MS more than likely is telling the truth, and did sell 1million, but thats across multiple countries and there is still that 0.5 to get rid of.

I wonder if we have another WiiU situation on our hands! Good launch, bad sales after launch.

bubblegamer said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I think in comparison MS shipped more consoles than Sony. Sony shipped somewhere around 1-1.2million consoles in NA, and they are gone just about everywhere. A sizable chunck of PS4 stock is being held for Black Friday and EU launch, where Sony will be hitting at least 18 Countries or so.

MS has assuredly shipped over a million WW, its more of a question of allocation. I would guess they shipped 1.5million WW as bare minimum they would. Somewhere around 500k to 700k of this would be held for US specifically and the rest allocated to the other 12 countries. UK would get the next biggest chunk for sure. So MS more than likely is telling the truth, and did sell 1million, but thats across multiple countries and there is still that 0.5 to get rid of.

I wonder if we have another WiiU situation on our hands! Good launch, bad sales after launch.

I don't think so. I think both PS4 and XBO can surpass WiiU sales by March 2014.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Completely sold out in my metro area. Good thing i pre ordered.

Can you guys direct me to the retailer where they have bunch of X1s abandoned?
I can't find zip where I live in any retailer.