By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Readily Available At Most Major Retailers!

Yeah, the Super Target, the Kmart, and the Walmart have plenty of stock left. The best Buy and the GameStop next to me doesn't though. The guy in the electronics section of Super Target said this morning that there was a lot less demand for it than they were anticipating.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

The glass is either half full or half empty. Depends on which side of the fence you sit.
I am eager for reports of the european sales though.

bigjon said:
Carl2291 said:
Awesome, kudos MS for keeping supply healthy!

Since when is it a good thing.to have unsold stock on a launch day? Unless ms shipped like 1.5 mil in NA alone

Its a good thing IF they supply was high. They will probably be sold out in the next couple of days either way.

gergroy said:
This was the same situation as the ps4. They will be all gone today, if they arent already gone. I know the stores around me are sold out.

No. I got the last spot out of 20 for the ps4 for non pre orders.  About 30 people were turned away after I got my spot. One dude paid 150 to take w guys spot in line. If people were desperate enough to pay 150 for spot in line I doubt they were laying on the shelves the next 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Ya'll claiming victory on yeild are missing the fact that no totals are given.

PS4 sold out day one with 1m.

Xbone was already rumored to have FAR lower pre-orders and overall far less day one stock than PS4. Well now that stock is still available as day one demand is lower than expected.

Its entirely possible demand is just meh and that is why stock is plentiful. (However I haven't called any stores in my area to determine if that is true at all, could just be nothing)

I'd also like to point out that the day PS4 released I was off and went to Walmart, a very big one, and they had 4 PS4s in stock. Those sold soon after as I called to grab one to sell it to a person for more and it was gone. So, stock in stores when this article may vanish before day is gone.

EDIT: Checked my local GS and BB... none in stock. I think this is hogwash. MS sold through day one stock.

Around the Network

I think that's good news although it obviously means PS4 is in more demand the X1 and by a good margin I'd say.

bigjon said:
gergroy said:
This was the same situation as the ps4. They will be all gone today, if they arent already gone. I know the stores around me are sold out.

No. I got the last spot out of 20 for the ps4 for non pre orders.  About 30 people were turned away after I got my spot. One dude paid 150 to take w guys spot in line. If people were desperate enough to pay 150 for spot in line I doubt they were laying on the shelves the next 

Tell that to my brothers who went and grabbed some off the shelves the next day.  There were also about 8 left at the walmart at midnight after i bought my non preordered ps4 at walmart.  Trust me, it is the same situation as described in the op. My brothers didnt even get them from the same place, one got his at best buy and another got his at costco.  My brother at costco wasnt even looking for a ps4, but decided to get it when he saw it was available To resell it.

basically, anytime a console launches, you are going to find stock avaiable the first day.  

Also, the guy that paid 150 for a spot is an idiot.  

NobleTeam360 said:
I think that's good news although it obviously means PS4 is in more demand the X1 and by a good margin I'd say.

the day still hasnt finished. we are just speculating here. it could be that demand is lower than expected, or that stock is higher than expected. we still need actual numbers to conclude what is really going on.

DerNebel said:

It's true for my city, I was bored and decided to go take a look if you could get a One walking into Saturn (big electronics retailer) right now. (I was there about 30 minutes ago and the store closes about now), they still had 6 Xboxes in there.

Because I found it funny I took a photo of the software as well

Man those boxes are ugly! 

bananaking21 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

the day still hasnt finished. we are just speculating here. it could be that demand is lower than expected, or that stock is higher than expected. we still need actual numbers to conclude what is really going on.

It is just anecdotal evidence in one city, I was out shopping earlier today and the stores I went to didnt have any.  Doesnt mean im going to get on the internet and write an article about how the x1's are all sold out...