By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One in stock (Amazon)

Credit needs to be given to MS, they have been able to get a lot of units to the consumer. The demand isn't as high as the PS4 but with all the talk before launch of low yields, I think we can safely say the was just a rumor.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
Credit needs to be given to MS, they have been able to get a lot of units to the consumer. The demand isn't as high as the PS4 but with all the talk before launch of low yields, I think we can safely say the was just a rumor.

shaddap, Xbox One is doomed nothing you say will change that. 

jk

I wonder on what basis people think PS4 demand is higher at that point than for XB1.... because if its on pre order you base your assumption this is a pretty weak way to extrapolate.... for all we know people that waned a XB just waited to see what happened after launch to jump in because of all the bad press it got while PS4 buyers pre ordered.... you could have just as much demand or for XB right now than for PS4....

nothing I have seen on the US market indicates that the demand is higher for one or the other... we'll know for sure in a couple months.... heck even if demand was higher for PS4 at the moment it still wouldn't mean market expansion is not higher for the one than PS4 on YoY analysis... PS4 could be ahead comes spring and slow down faster and be behind come winter 2014.... like I said nothing solid right now points out that PS4 is stronger in the US market at the moment and even if it is nothing points out at it having stronger legs.... the only thing that is certain is that demand is way closer than anybody was expecting and the gap won't be very large no matter what....

Out of stock.

endimion said:
I wonder on what basis people think PS4 demand is higher at that point than for XB1.... because if its on pre order you base your assumption this is a pretty weak way to extrapolate.... for all we know people that waned a XB just waited to see what happened after launch to jump in because of all the bad press it got while PS4 buyers pre ordered.... you could have just as much demand or for XB right now than for PS4....

nothing I have seen on the US market indicates that the demand is higher for one or the other... we'll know for sure in a couple months.... heck even if demand was higher for PS4 at the moment it still wouldn't mean market expansion is not higher for the one than PS4 on YoY analysis... PS4 could be ahead comes spring and slow down faster and be behind come winter 2014.... like I said nothing solid right now points out that PS4 is stronger in the US market at the moment and even if it is nothing points out at it having stronger legs.... the only thing that is certain is that demand is way closer than anybody was expecting and the gap won't be very large no matter what....

Maybe people just waited to see if Black Friday would have good deals. Lots of parents shop around this time for presents. It would be a damn shame if M$ didn't keep consoles in stock for these type of people. The ones who don't shop online and just buy things they can get in person. I'm sure M$ is keeping the US well supplied. It is their home turf. Even if they have to sacrifice launching in other countries.

Some parents are also dumb. Instead of buying an Xbox One, they will assume an Xbox 360 is the same thing. I'm predicting lots of disappointed kids this Christmas.

A lot of people I talked to about next gen say that the 360 is good enough for them now. They will wait till next year to upgrade to a One or PS4. Others don't have money to get a next gen console. From what I see, it'll be 2 years till we see most of these people getting next gen consoles. There will probably be a split of gamers next year. 60% next gen and 40% sticking it out with this gen.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Out of stock.

As a PlayStation fanboy, I would say that is bad. Took 12 hours to sell out. Don't even try to tell me the supply was higher.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
Nsanity said:
Out of stock.

As a PlayStation fanboy, I would say that is bad. Took 12 hours to sell out. Don't even try to tell me the supply was higher.

supply was higher.... they just got 1 PS4 and it took 15minute to find a buyer... they had a 100 XB and it took 12h do the maths :P there you have it :D

JK of course... but for us sales addict it would be nice to see what amazon stock is every time... but honnestly from what I have seen circulating so far XB is stocking the US better than Sony on average which would make sense even with a slightly lower production output they are still far less spread on different market with 13 countries launched in than Sony is with what 32 I believe????

So far MS IMO is handeling their launch window way better than Sony or at least did the smart choicie considering all the prior events and bad press they got earlier this year.... spreading launch among more countries for MS would have been a big mistake and way more damaging I think....

endimion said:
pbroy said:
Nsanity said:
Out of stock.

supply was higher.... they just got 1 PS4 and it took 15minute to find a buyer... they had a 100 XB and it took 12h do the maths :P there you have it :D

JK of course... but for us sales addict it would be nice to see what amazon stock is every time... but honnestly from what I have seen circulating so far XB is stocking the US better than Sony on average which would make sense even with a slightly lower production output they are still far less spread on different market with 13 countries launched in than Sony is with what 32 I believe????

So far MS IMO is handeling their launch window way better than Sony or at least did the smart choicie considering all the prior events and bad press they got earlier this year.... spreading launch among more countries for MS would have been a big mistake and way more damaging I think....

Even if they have exactly the same supplay it doesn´t matter if one sall out in 15min and the other in 6h.

At the and of day both sold the same.

And I don´t think either one has is handeling better than other. They just have different strategies and goals. We can only be sure if any one had supply/production/destribution issues when they reveal their quartly results.

Dark_Feanor said:
endimion said:
pbroy said:
Nsanity said:
Out of stock.

Even if they have exactly the same supplay it doesn´t matter if one sall out in 15min and the other in 6h.

At the and of day both sold the same.

And I don´t think either one has is handeling better than other. They just have different strategies and goals. We can only be sure if any one had supply/production/destribution issues when they reveal their quartly results.

exactly what I meant...

and when I said MS handled their launch window better... it's more that Sony didn't need to do it.... MS had to recover from the bad press... so in that regard MS did a better job but since they are coming from behind they needed that to at least compete with Sony....

what matters though if they have the same supply is the spread.... having 2 million units (random number here for the sake of the exemple) spread thinner over 32 countries might not be better than having the same amount spread among 13 countries... especially if those 13 have more value compared to other markets.... this could end up with MS taking the lead and momentum in more relevant markets than Sony just because stock is more readily available for XB one in those countries than PS4... but that's an other talk all together.... but it is quiet interesting to see which strategy will pay off the most especially in major markets like the US/UK/ Germany and other big video game markets....

More available

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER