By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie tease an appearance for the VGX Spike Awards DEC. 7

With a new Zelda launching today, I'm OK waiting until E3 for a Zelda announcement. I'd be more interested to see a new Metroid, Star Fox, or an entirely new IP.

Although I do see how a Zelda teaser would steal the spotlight.

Looking forward to finding out what this is :)

Around the Network

If it is a new game announcement(doubt it) and we look at Nintendo's current franchises the only thing that makes sense to me is Metroid, F-Zero or Eternal Darkness. It won't be Zelda because Nintendo would want the spotlight on that and that alone, they aren't going to share the stage with Uncharted 4 or HALO5 when they announce that one

melbye said:
If it is a new game announcement(doubt it) and we look at Nintendo's current franchises the only thing that makes sense to me is Metroid, F-Zero or Eternal Darkness. It won't be Zelda because Nintendo would want the spotlight on that and that alone, they aren't going to share the stage with Uncharted 4 or HALO5 when they announce that one

Eternal Darkness would be pretty sweet, or a surprise Metroid announcement with a Christmas release!

I hope it's something related to monolith's x, i want more news, this game is the main reason i bought a wii u.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

thank goodness Reggie acknowledges that marketting has been very lackluster and that the drought was very bad, and hopefully when he said that they learnt from those miskates and won't repeat them, they actually won't this time around.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:
melbye said:

Eternal Darkness would be pretty sweet, or a surprise Metroid announcement with a Christmas release!

weren't the creators busy with Shadow of the Eternals (ED spirtual successor)?

EDIT: yeah that project is on hold :/

MohammadBadir said:
anonymunchy said:
melbye said:

weren't the creators busy with Shadow of the Eternals (ED spirtual successor)?

EDIT: yeah that project is on hold :/

Yeh kickstarter failed twice. Nintendo still holds the rights to the sanity meter I think though, so they can release an actual sequel.

Soundwave said:

He pretty much confirms it guys. He had a sly grin on his face when he said it and the question was an obvious set up (why else would they end the show with that question?). 

Even if its just new footage of Mario Kart, Bayo 2, X, and/or Smash ... that's fine. I could see something like a new Bayonetta 2 + announcement of Bayonetta 1 coming to the eShop or something. 

Good to see that Nintendo is engaging in these types of events rather than letting them be Sony/MS infomercials. Showing Zelda at the event would be smart though *if* it is a realistic style Zelda. That will generate a lot of cheers from that type of audience. 

That seems the most likely. Bayonetta's got the most click with the Spike TV audience for obvious reasons, and a damn port of the original is just begging to be made (I would buy it!)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wii Music U 2: the return of wii music

guys stop hyping yourselves up

its probably just going to be Wii Music U

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(