By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie tease an appearance for the VGX Spike Awards DEC. 7

Nintendo may be making an appearance at VGX .......*SINFF SINFF* Do I sense ....Zelda U teaser or new announcements :3

Speculation, what do you think could be tease....Zelda U, new IP, ......StarFox? :3

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=217531

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

link?

edit: ninjad!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Go to Gametrailers, the episode just finish airing on Spike TV, the video should be uploaded on Gametrailers.com by now.

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

They already said Zelda U wont be shown until E3, so can't be that. I honestly have no idea what it could be, anything really, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. They should be having a Nintendo Direct around that time so if they have anything major to tell us that's where we'd hear about it I'd think.

Smash trailer (return of Solid Snake?) and/or Bayonetta 2 make sense. So would X's formal unveiling (lets not forget this game doesn't even have an official title yet).

And those all fit the VGX crowd well.

Didn't Iwata say though that they might show Zelda soon? May be he and Aonuma have different ideas on that, lol. 

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
They already said Zelda U wont be shown until E3, so can't be that. I honestly have no idea what it could be, anything really, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. They should be having a Nintendo Direct around that time so if they have anything major to tell us that's where we'd hear about it I'd think.

Gamers only watch Spike VGX for the world premiere, and I'm hoping its not Zelda and hoping its a new IP. Nintendo would be foolish to not take this chance to take the spot light.

— 

It's not on GT yet. I'll have to see the interview before I make a opinion. Nintendo has never done anything at the VGAs. VGAs has always been a barren for nintendo fans and I'm not yet ready to believe it will change this year. It would be a good thing for Nintendo to finally aknowledge these kinds of mainstream events and actualy try showing the world they still exists for a change.

I'll be able to judge once I see the interview. If it's Geoff who brought up the topic and Reggies answers with a quick maybe to shove away the question w/o showing they have their head up their asses once again or if it's actualy Reggie who brought up the topic. That's two completly different thing.

With all the PS4vsXone, no one is talking about Nintendo and they can't allow themselves to stay invisible again at the VGAs, that would be embarassing. So I hope I'm wrong and that this statement actualy end up being something serious.

PS: I hate you for bringing up Zelda, I'm so excited now. I doubt it will happen cause Nintendo seem to be clueless at marketing but it would actualy make sense since the crowd are core/mainstream gamers and it would finally give Nintendo some spotlight in this console war.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Soundwave said:

Smash trailer (return of Solid Snake?) and/or Bayonetta 2 make sense. So would X's formal unveiling (lets not forget this game doesn't even have an official title yet).

And those all fit the VGX crowd well.

Didn't Iwata say though that they might show Zelda soon? May be he and Aonuma have different ideas on that, lol. 

lol no @ Snake. If we get another third party character it will no doubt be Pac Man, but I don't think that reveal would come until E3. And the last thing they said about Zelda U was that it's gonna be shown at E3.

Einsam_Delphin said:

No they said it would be at E3 but didnt that would be the first time its shown.

Im hoping for a teaser trailer at VGX, full reveal at E3, holiday 2014 release

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

He pretty much confirms it guys. He had a sly grin on his face when he said it and the question was an obvious set up (why else would they end the show with that question?). 

Even if its just new footage of Mario Kart, Bayo 2, X, and/or Smash ... that's fine. I could see something like a new Bayonetta 2 + announcement of Bayonetta 1 coming to the eShop or something. 

Good to see that Nintendo is engaging in these types of events rather than letting them be Sony/MS infomercials. Showing Zelda at the event would be smart though *if* it is a realistic style Zelda. That will generate a lot of cheers from that type of audience.