By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Updated: Tropical Freeze on GT.TV, episode live

Tagged games:

JoeTheBro said:
No new character :(

Shoulda been expected really. There was no way they were gonna announce the 4th character like this.

Around the Network

Sounds like Nintendo has something planned for the VGX Awards from the way Reggie was talking. Maybe a new Smash Bros. trailer or (gulp) Zelda teaser?

Would be a good place to show more on Bayonetta 2 also. 

Soundwave said:

DKC: TF looks good, but holy crap, Retro really needs to be allowed to work on a more ambitious 3D game again ... the part where the camera switches from 2D to 3D was impressive

Is there anywhere we can watch it now?

I think it will be up on the Gametrailers.com website soon.

Soundwave said:

Sounds like Nintendo has something planned for the VGX Awards from the way Reggie was talking. Maybe a new Smash Bros. trailer or (gulp) Zelda teaser?

Would be a good place to show more on Bayonetta 2 also. 

Super Mario 3D World was nominated for GOTY, I think, so it could be that.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
Suke said:

I get so annoyed when Reggie keep saying "it's all about the software" WHERE'S THE SOFTWARE REGGIE!!!!!!

Go home Reggie, your drunk!!! Lol I kid xD

you're getting one today and there are a lot of games out on it already

do you even have a WiiU to complain about "lack" of software?

anywho I want to see the video, why is it taking so long for them to upload it?!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

So I don't see anyone talking about it, but in this video Reggie "guarantees" that Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros for Wii U will be among the 10 best-selling games of the upcoming generation, "selling only on one platform." It's unclear from that last bit whether he's limiting the list to exclusive titles or simply saying, "Even though they're only available on one platform, they'll make the top 10 including multiplats," which would be utter nonsense. Then again, guaranteeing Smash Bros will be in the top 10 when there's little reason to expect it to sell more than 8 million at best on Wii U is utter nonsense anyway, regardless of whether or not we're talking about exclusives.

the_dengle said:

So I don't see anyone talking about it, but in this video Reggie "guarantees" that Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros for Wii U will be among the 10 best-selling games of the upcoming generation, "selling only on one platform." It's unclear from that last bit whether he's limiting the list to exclusive titles or simply saying, "Even though they're only available on one platform, they'll make the top 10 including multiplats," which would be utter nonsense. Then again, guaranteeing Smash Bros will be in the top 10 when there's little reason to expect it to sell more than 8 million at best on Wii U is utter nonsense anyway, regardless of whether or not we're talking about exclusives.

You might want to check the sales history of those series before you dismiss Reggie's claim, the top selling game last gen after Wiisports and Wiiplay was Mario Kart Wii, even COD, GTAV and GTAIV on two platforms couldn't outsell it in the end, Smash Bros funny enough on average has sold about 8m with Brawl selling about 12m while Galaxy hit 11m so exclusive wise they could easily find themselves in the top 10.

The episode is up: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

Wyrdness said:
the_dengle said:

You might want to check the sales history of those series before you dismiss Reggie's claim, the top selling game last gen after Wiisports and Wiiplay was Mario Kart Wii, even COD, GTAV and GTAIV on two platforms couldn't outsell it in the end, Smash Bros funny enough on average has sold about 8m with Brawl selling about 12m while Galaxy hit 11m so exclusive wise they could easily find themselves in the top 10.

I'm well aware of Mario Kart's sales history and that's not the title I'm debating. Brawl sold very well on an install base of 100 million consoles. Even Melee sold quite well without even taking into consideration the relatively tiny install base of the GameCube. The biggest hindrance to Wii U Smash sales isn't the U's install base, but the 3DS Smash option. No way Wii U Smash sells as well as Brawl on a smaller install base and while competing with itself on 3DS.

Like I said, 8 mil is a stretch. More than that would blow me away. 360 had 4 exclusives that sold over 8 million; PS3 had 1. As far as I can see, best case scenario for Smash, it manages to pull in at number 9 or 10 -- considering 3D World and Mario Kart will likely both be ahead of it.