By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

ps3-sales! said:

DECEMBER 05

• Clippers blow out the Grizzlies by 20 in Memphis
  • The Knicks DESTROY the Nets by 30 in New Jersey
  • The Bulls surprisingly blow out the Heat by 20
  • Only two Eastern Conference teams are above .500, the Pacers and Heat
  • The Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics would have homecourt advantage if the playoffs started today (3rd and 4th seeds)

The grizzlies were missing Gasol and Allen (their top two defenders and perhaps two of the top five in the league), and Ed Davis also got injured through the game. The game was close until the 3rd quarter, I actually was surprised that they were able to put up a fight against a team with much better talent.

The nets of course are still a joke. A bunch of quitters and crybabies, Kevin garnett specially looks like a girl that is about to cry through the games. A fake tough guy and all his carrer he has been like that.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Kobe bryant set to return tomorrow. I don't think the lakers will be much improved like the ESPN crew thinks. I still see them as a 7th spot in the west at best.

Through the years whenever kobe has been injured the lakers W-L record didn't changed that much. He is a player that just as he can easily win games for you he can lose them with his terrible defense and extremely awful shot selection.

DECEMBER 07

• Kobe Bryant (Lakers) set to return Sunday against the Raptors
  • The Lakers are 10-9 without Bryant this season
  • Kyle Korver (Hawks) sets most consecutive games with a 3-point made at 90 games
  • Bobcats, Hawks, Trailblazers, Knicks, Rockets, and Thunder all had at least 20+ blowout wins tonight
  • Trailblazers set a record for most 3-pointers made with at least 20 attempts, shooting 17-23 against the lowly Jazz

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

December 08

• The Pacers move to 18-2 after defeating the Spurs in San Antonio
  • The Mavericks score an impressive win vs the Trail Blazers, on the road, with a Monte Ellis buzzer beating game winner!
  • Kyrie Irving helps the Cavs beat Chris Paul's Clippers
  • The Warriors and Heat both score blowout wins

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I think the Blazers are a fluke. I think they are going to lose a lot more games.

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:
I think the Blazers are a fluke. I think they are going to lose a lot more games.

I have no idea what's going on with them. It's not like they upgraded the roster in any significant way. I mean, I felt last season like they were underachieving, but the stuff they are doing this season is just... wrong... The have a very good roster (Batum being my favourite player on this team) and are a Playoff team, but I wouldn't put them in the top bracket. They should be fighting with Houston, Denver, Dallas, etc.

BTW. Gay traded to Kings! This team really looks like a huge pile of talent... Just no single piece seems to fit.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
soulfly666 said:

I have no idea what's going on with them. It's not like they upgraded the roster in any significant way. I mean, I felt last season like they were underachieving, but the stuff they are doing this season is just... wrong... The have a very good roster (Batum being my favourite player on this team) and are a Playoff team, but I wouldn't put them in the top bracket. They should be fighting with Houston, Denver, Dallas, etc.

BTW. Gay traded to Kings! This team really looks like a huge pile of talent... Just no single piece seems to fit.

The blazers tanked a lot last year, they should have been better. They lost like the last 12 games in a row (and some very easy games on top of that) just because they didn't wanted to lose their 1st round pick that is top 12 protected to the bobcats.

I really hope the blazers get spanked this year and the next 10 years for that. I really hate when teams lose games purposedly in such shameless way. It's a disgrace for the sport and human courage.

The good news is that I'm sure they won't win sh*t. Loser organizations like them never achieve anything. I know that tanking happens and in some cases you have valid reasons to try it, but throw away the whole last month of the season to keep a pick that is not even that high ? I can understand tanking for a top 5 pick, but a team that is already good screwing up all their fans for a 12 pick in a terrible draft... come on.

On other news, like I expected the lakers aren't really better with kobe back. And the grizzlies are on a free fall without Gasol too.

Also, Anthony bennet still looks like the biggest bust ever in the history of the NBA. Next to him Michael Olowokandi looks like Wilt Chamberlain.

carlos710 said:

West:
#1 Spurs
My favorite team. And they are playing great as usual.. too bad Duncan looks older than ever and ultimately I believe they needed another impact player, but their chemistry and defense should be enough to get in #1 through the regular season

#2 Thunder
Two super stars. Decent role players, and have played together for a few years... don't forget that 2 years ago they gave a Miami a good run before losing in the finals.

#3 Rockets
Have started well and I expect things only to improve. They should be able to add a valuable piece from an Omer Asik trade which will solidify their #3 position

#4 Clipps
Haven't been impressed with their start but they a great coach and two stars. But I see 2 weak points: a reliable 3rd scorer and they lack a player that can go for 40+ points in a night.

#5 Grizzlies
slow start ... but they have the #1 or #2 defense in the league. Ugly style of playing but they manage to score just enough points to get wins

#6 Warriors
In my opinion, overrated. A solid team that won't ever sniff a championship as currently constructed. The spurs proved last year that they weren't as tough as some believed.

#7 Blazers
Have started great but I think they'll cool off a little... still young and should be better next year.

#8 Mavs
They have a great coach and Dirk still can have some vintage nights. But the rest of the cast is not as good as it used to be

East:

#1 Indiana
Deep team with excellent defense. Seems like they believe they can beat Miami if they have HC advantage so I think they will give their all through the season trying to achieve the #1 seed while miami may coast here and there.

#2 Miami
I expect them to threepeat as champions. I don't think they will push very hard through the season tho

#3 Chicago
very good defense.. super star player in Rose.. I'm scratching my head at their relatively slow start but have looked better lately

#4 Nets
Terrible start.. but most of the East teams are awful so they will finish #4th by default. They have plenty of talent but look really lost (and old) . Perhaps a more experienced coach would have helped.

#5 Knicks
All the teams besides the top 4 are really bad, but the knicks have atleast more talent than the others. Won't do much in the playoffs anyway.

#6 Atlanta
They usually compete but are unable to ultimately do damage in the playoffs.. but is nice that they will still compete despite not having much chances at a championship.

#7 Detroit
Things are getting ugly now. The pistons are a mess, but they have a very tradeable piece in Greg Monroe. Also, unlike most East teams, it seems that they are not interested in tanking at all ... that alone should be able to get them in the playoffs.

#8 Cleveland
Mike Brown won't tank and he can coach defense. Their roster is poorly constructed but they should be able to trade a player or two to get pieces that fits better. And they have Kyrie Irving

My west predictions were quite good. 8/8 in terms of teams that made the playoffs ... the east was much harder to read this seasion, the raptors surprised me the whole year.. I though they were going to join the tanking race but instead they were the #3 team in the east.

My winners for the first round:

Spurs - Mavericks = Spurs

Thunder - Grizz = Thunder

Clipps - Warriors = Clipps

Rockets - Blazers = Rockets

Pacers - Hawks = Pacers

Heat - Bobcats = Heat

Raptors - Nets = Nets

Bulls - Wizards = Bulls

So basically I expect the nets to be the only away team to pull an upset .. hopefully I'll have enough time tomorrow early to post my full comments on the playoffs

carlos710 said:

My west predictions were quite good. 8/8 in terms of teams that made the playoffs ... the east was much harder to read this seasion, the raptors surprised me the whole year.. I though they were going to join the tanking race but instead they were the #3 team in the east.

My winners for the first round:

Spurs - Mavericks = Spurs

Thunder - Grizz = Thunder

Clipps - Warriors = Clipps

Rockets - Blazers = Rockets

Pacers - Hawks = Pacers

Heat - Bobcats = Heat

Raptors - Nets = Nets

Bulls - Wizards = Bulls

So basically I expect the nets to be the only away team to pull an upset .. hopefully I'll have enough time tomorrow early to post my full comments on the playoffs

The Nets winning wouldn't really be an upset. If I remember correctly they have the second best record in the NBA since January and almost everyone is picking them to beat the Raptors.

I'm a huge Bulls fan but I'm not quite sure if the Bulls can win against the Wizards. The Wiz seems to have the offense that gives the Bulls all sorts of problems. They also have a go to player in John Wall that the Bulls D can't seem to stop this season.