By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

tiffac said:
I'm a huge Bulls fan but I'm not quite sure if the Bulls can win against the Wizards. The Wiz seems to have the offense that gives the Bulls all sorts of problems. They also have a go to player in John Wall that the Bulls D can't seem to stop this season.

Bulls in 6. They've been playing better down the stretch and they much more playoff experience. I'd be surprised if the Wizards were able to beat the Bulls since the only "upset" anyone is predicting are the Nets over the Raptors.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
tiffac said:
I'm a huge Bulls fan but I'm not quite sure if the Bulls can win against the Wizards. The Wiz seems to have the offense that gives the Bulls all sorts of problems. They also have a go to player in John Wall that the Bulls D can't seem to stop this season.

Bulls in 6. They've been playing better down the stretch and they much more playoff experience. I'd be surprised if the Wizards were able to beat the Bulls since the only "upset" anyone is predicting are the Nets over the Raptors.

Well hopefully the Bulls doesn't suffer too much scoring drought against the Wiz and the Wiz shoots themselves out of the series. ^^

Nets over the Raps is considered an upset? O_O

tiffac said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
tiffac said:

Well hopefully the Bulls doesn't suffer too much scoring drought against the Wiz and the Wiz shoots themselves out of the series. ^^

Nets over the Raps is considered an upset? O_O

Bulls will win.

Based on seeding it would be considered an upset. That's why I put it in quotations. It wouldn't really be an upset since Nets are the better team and have had the second best record in the East since January, Bulls being the first, but yeah some are saying it would be an "upset" just because the Nets are seeded lower than the Raptors. 

TheGoldenBoy said:

Bulls will win.

Based on seeding it would be considered an upset. That's why I put it in quotations. It wouldn't really be an upset since Nets are the better team and have had the second best record in the East since January, Bulls being the first, but yeah some are saying it would be an "upset" just because the Nets are seeded lower than the Raptors. 

Well if they put it that way, then I guess it would be considered an upset. lol!

The Warriors just got one over the Clips. I think if the Warriors win that series, then that would be the upset since the Clips are considered to be a championship team for this season.

tiffac said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Bulls will win.

Well if they put it that way, then I guess it would be considered an upset. lol!

The Warriors just got one over the Clips. I think if the Warriors win that series, then that would be the upset since the Clips are considered to be a championship team for this season.

Clips will probably still win in 6. But yeah if Warriors beat them that would be a huge upset since on paper the Clippers probably have the deepest roster in the league.

Around the Network

I support the Wizzards with my whole heart :) It will be a tough and dirty series though. Without any fireworks, nothing like Clips-Warriors. I think that Wizzards have enough arguments down low to hold off the Bulls there (Gortat vs Noah, Nene vs Boozer, Booker vs Gibson are all legit matchups), while the backcourt is so much more talented in Washington. Wall, Beal and Ariza vs. Kirk, D.J. and Butler?

It's going to be grit vs talent and I just hope talent is going to win. I know Bulls have experience playing together and all that, but let's not forget that Ariza is a champion and Gortat lost in the Finals. They have guys who went through the fires of Playoffs. The only real advantage that the Bulls have is the coach. If he coached the Wizz, they would be a title contender ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
I support the Wizzards with my whole heart :) It will be a tough and dirty series though. Without any fireworks, nothing like Clips-Warriors. I think that Wizzards have enough arguments down low to hold off the Bulls there (Gortat vs Noah, Nene vs Boozer, Booker vs Gibson are all legit matchups), while the backcourt is so much more talented in Washington. Wall, Beal and Ariza vs. Kirk, D.J. and Butler?

It's going to be grit vs talent and I just hope talent is going to win. I know Bulls have experience playing together and all that, but let's not forget that Ariza is a champion and Gortat lost in the Finals. They have guys who went through the fires of Playoffs. The only real advantage that the Bulls have is the coach. If he coached the Wizz, they would be a title contender ;)

Thibs is probably the best coach in the league so if he coached any team I would give them a shot. He's really good at motivating his guys. As for that series I still say Bulls in 6. If Washington can beat them that would be a major upset and I'd give them a pretty good chance to beat the Pacers since those guys are probably the most down team going into the playoffs.

Oh man, the Pacers. lol!

They sure know how to give up homecourt advantage xD

tiffac said:
Oh man, the Pacers. lol!

These guys fucking suck. They probably the weakest 1st seed I have seen in a long time. If they lose the next game then the series over and Vogel gets fired since Bird will have a legitimate excuse to do so. Miami is going to have an easy road to the Finals unless the Nets and Bulls can win their series.

TheGoldenBoy said:
tiffac said:
Oh man, the Pacers. lol!

These guys fucking suck. They probably the weakest 1st seed I have seen in a long time. If they lose the next game then the series over and Vogel gets fired since Bird will have a legitimate excuse to do so. Miami is going to have an easy road to the Finals unless the Nets and Bulls can win their series.

It's unbelievable what's going on with the Pacers. They've been such a monster early in the season, but now it seems like every single Playoff team in the East would take them down. Heck, even the Knicks with their recent form would. Such a disaster. Like it's a different set of players.

This makes it so much easier for Miami, it almost isn't fun anymore. Though the Nets sure know how to win with Miami, so the next round is going to be exciting (Toronto is a fun team, but I don't give them any chances, the Nets are too good and too experienced, the series will last for 5-6 games). Still, I wouldn't count Wizzards out :P They went 2:1 with the Bulls and 2:2 with Miami, getting one loss from each with Nene being absent. I for one would sure love to see my Wizz play Miami and witness how James reacts to Nene putting his big, heavy body on him for 7 games :D Wonder how much steam he would have by the end ;) The Wizz just have such a deep and versatile roster, that they are competitive against everyone with their solid frontcourt and a backcourt of Wall, Beal and Ariza and Miller which is only matched by the Nets  (and maybe Toronto). It's just a matter of one question - is the presence of Ariza, Miller and Gortat enough to guide Wall and Beal in the Playoffs and to help them show up strong. I hope they are hungry and mature enough, cause I'm affraid the Wizz will be a weaker team next year.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.