By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

NBA FINALS UPDATE December 2014

Heard some people asking about an NBA thread. Thought I'd give my thread a second shot. maybe I will update it. Maybe not. ehhh.

Recent news: 

• Cavs getting more comfortable, blowout Grizzlies at home
  • Anthony Davis bolsters MVP convo; dominate 38 points, 12 rbs, 3 blocks in win over OKC
  • Kevin Durant still out for OKC
  • Kobe shoots 8-30 w/9 turnovers in Lakers loss against Kings
  • Josh Smith waived by Pistons
  • Kings/Nets talking D Will trade

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

NBA FINALS GAME 1

• Spurs completely dominate the 4th quarter led by Danny Green hitting clutch 3-pointers
  • Manu Ginobli first player off bench in a finals game with 15+ points and 10+ assists
  • LeBron James leaves with the game with 7+min to play due to leg cramps; carried off court like a bitch
  • Spurs shoot 59% for the game
  • Tim Duncan joins Kareem and Wilt as the only player with a 20/10 game while shooting over 90%
  • AT&T Center Air Conditioning went out with the heat going up to 90 degrees
1 2 3 4 T
MIA 20 29 29 17 95
SA 26 28 20 36 110

Top Performers

Miami: L. James 25 Pts, 6 Reb, 3 Ast, 3 Stl

San Antonio: M. Ginobili 16 Pts, 5 Reb, 11 Ast, 3 Stl, 1 Blk

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

GAME 2

When? - Sunday

Where? - AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX

How to watch? - 8 p.m. Eastern Time on ABC

IN THE MEANTIME ENJOY THESE #LEBRONING MEMES:

Currently own:

• Ps4

perhaps a mini prediction league or something like that ?

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:

Great idea! So, maybe for the third page, predict wins/losses for every time? Or something smaller like teams coming out of the east of west? What do you think?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
carlos710 said:

Great idea! So, maybe for the third page, predict wins/losses for every time? Or something smaller like teams coming out of the east of west? What do you think?

Well, I would try it with the playoffs seeding and/or playoffs predictions, but if there are enough NBA fans it could be done for daily games too. I'm not sure  how many people here follows the NBA tho

Playoff prediction sign up open! First 10 people to say they are interested can jump in! More details on page 3.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Count me in.

I want

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

West:
#1 Spurs
My favorite team. And they are playing great as usual.. too bad Duncan looks older than ever and ultimately I believe they needed another impact player, but their chemistry and defense should be enough to get in #1 through the regular season

#2 Thunder
Two super stars. Decent role players, and have played together for a few years... don't forget that 2 years ago they gave a Miami a good run before losing in the finals.

#3 Rockets
Have started well and I expect things only to improve. They should be able to add a valuable piece from an Omer Asik trade which will solidify their #3 position

#4 Clipps
Haven't been impressed with their start but they a great coach and two stars. But I see 2 weak points: a reliable 3rd scorer and they lack a player that can go for 40+ points in a night.

#5 Grizzlies
slow start ... but they have the #1 or #2 defense in the league. Ugly style of playing but they manage to score just enough points to get wins

#6 Warriors
In my opinion, overrated. A solid team that won't ever sniff a championship as currently constructed. The spurs proved last year that they weren't as tough as some believed.

#7 Blazers
Have started great but I think they'll cool off a little... still young and should be better next year.

#8 Mavs
They have a great coach and Dirk still can have some vintage nights. But the rest of the cast is not as good as it used to be

East:

#1 Indiana
Deep team with excellent defense. Seems like they believe they can beat Miami if they have HC advantage so I think they will give their all through the season trying to achieve the #1 seed while miami may coast here and there.

#2 Miami
I expect them to threepeat as champions. I don't think they will push very hard through the season tho

#3 Chicago
very good defense.. super star player in Rose.. I'm scratching my head at their relatively slow start but have looked better lately

#4 Nets
Terrible start.. but most of the East teams are awful so they will finish #4th by default. They have plenty of talent but look really lost (and old) . Perhaps a more experienced coach would have helped.

#5 Knicks
All the teams besides the top 4 are really bad, but the knicks have atleast more talent than the others. Won't do much in the playoffs anyway.

#6 Atlanta
They usually compete but are unable to ultimately do damage in the playoffs.. but is nice that they will still compete despite not having much chances at a championship.

#7 Detroit
Things are getting ugly now. The pistons are a mess, but they have a very tradeable piece in Greg Monroe. Also, unlike most East teams, it seems that they are not interested in tanking at all ... that alone should be able to get them in the playoffs.

#8 Cleveland
Mike Brown won't tank and he can coach defense. Their roster is poorly constructed but they should be able to trade a player or two to get pieces that fits better. And they have Kyrie Irving