By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo launches a successor to the WiiU in late 2015

Follow Sega's path to irrelevance.

Around the Network

consumers would lose all the trust they had with Nintendo.
Nintendo isn't stupid enough to do something like this though so everything's fine ^^

Would burn its Wii U userbase.

Would be more expensive than the X1 and PS4.

Developers wouldn't make games for a new system half way thru a new gen when the others will have a decent userbase by then.

Asking for disaster.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

They would lose trust and they would lose a large portion of the early adopters from the Wii U.  Everyone would just say, how do we even know this new console is gonna be support for a long time when you just put out a console that was only supported for 3 years.

"I knew this was a bad idea, but, in the absence of any good ideas, I continued forward." - Max Payne

Don't listen to Max and launch a new console in 2015.

Around the Network

Honestly, could these threads stop being created? It's almost literally the same thing, over and over.

It would be a huge flop.

Nintendo next gen console should come out atleast 2 years in advance of the others. Not 2 years after PS4 and Xbone.

After 4 years of this gen some gamers will start to itch for better graphics. At that time its still 2 years early for PS5. Nintendo should then come out with a console that will be twice as powerful as PS4 (4TFLOP), 16GB ram. In 3 years an apu with 4TFLOP will be mid end. Launch price of 349, only one SKU. Have the 4DS act as the Gamepad. Make it as developer friendly as possible, you'll see 3rd parties flocking to the system.

People would be fine with it.

We live in an age of yearly iPhone upgrades and a new tablet models released all the time.

It's not 1995 anymore.

The game industry has grown up too, one of the reasons people were upset so much with Sega was for starters most people in gaming back then were KIDS.

A new console meant being at the mercy of Mommy or Daddy (hot buttered popcorn!) to buy a system.

Today 16-35 year old males dominate the market and they have their own disposable income, of which $300-$400 is no big deal as a purchase. $300 when you're 12 years old is a small fortune, but when you're 25 with a job ... not so much.  

Beyond that Sega never really supported the 32X or Saturn or Sega CD well ... the Wii U by fall 2015 with probably have NSMBU + NSMLU, Mario 3D World, Zelda U, Smash Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, W101, Pikmin 3, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem x SMT, Yarn Yoshi, Wii Fit/Party/Sports, Mario Party U, possibly a Metroid game, possibly a Luigi's Mansion game, and probably be winding down with Super Mario Galaxy 3. Probably they could sneak in an F-Zero or Wave Race or two as well. 

In other words, Nintendo will have run through the gamut of most of their franchise IP by then anyway. 

Neither the XBox or GBA successors (the 360 or DS) were negatively impacted by their predecessors having shorter than average lifespans with basically shoots down the whole Sega argument.

I'll delay smash 4. Release a new complety 2D Mario for launch in november with a new artstyle. Smash for Decemeber. A new 3D Mario, Zelda and Metroid in 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

They won't.

Rol and I went around on this for quite a while in another. Nintendo won't put out a successor until 2017... 2016 at the earliest, but that is really stretching it.

Furthermore it will be more similar to Wii U in terms of power being above PS4 but not cutting edge of that time.