By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo launches a successor to the WiiU in late 2015

Idk, they are in a bad spot..... it might be good to hang out in the handheld market for about 5-7 years from now, that way you dont piss off the few wiiu owners and then have a console ready to go before ps5, or xbtwo.

Around the Network

I'd be mad.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Reading some of the Soundwave's posts fills my ears with screeching sound waves of nails rubbing against chalkboard. Must avoid further pain by scrolling down faster.

green_sky said:
Reading some of the Soundwave's posts fills my ears with screeching sound waves of nails rubbing against chalkboard. Must avoid further pain by scrolling down faster.

I see what you did there.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I bet Nintendo is working on a revolutionary interface idea for their next console that will probably totally change gaming forever and is something one can't find anywhere else. Nintendo is probably going to stick with Wii U until 2017 and release their new console the same year. Hardware power doesn't matter to the masses. Nintendo knows this. Accessibility and novelty is what gets people interested. That's why the Wii was popular. Otherwise Nintendo's next console will flop even harder so they really don't have a choice but to make it revolutionary because a simple hardware upgrade is not going to cut it. If Nintendo can come up with something very accessible and novel then it should sell like hotcakes, even if the hardware is weaker than PS4/XOne.

Around the Network
OooSnap said:
I bet Nintendo is working on a revolutionary interface idea for their next console that will probably totally change gaming forever and is something one can't find anywhere else. Nintendo is probably going to stick with Wii U until 2017 and release their new console the same year. Hardware power doesn't matter to the masses. Nintendo knows this. Accessibility and novelty is what gets people interested. That's why the Wii was popular. Otherwise Nintendo's next console will flop even harder so they really don't have a choice but to make it revolutionary because a simple hardware upgrade is not going to cut it. If Nintendo can come up with something very accessible and novel then it should sell like hotcakes, even if the hardware is weaker than PS4/XOne.

Yes. Power matters. See PS4

And no, it won't be weaker than PS4/X1.

Click HERE and be happy 

Would probably be stronger than ps4 but close to xbox one.

'succesor'

If nintendo does this then he will start to go on the same road as sega did and will lose the trust of the consumners

It would sell less than Wii U. You can't just release console after console when one sells below expected numbers. None of them would become profitable. Wii U can become profitable if they support it the entire generation. That's what they did with the N64 and Gamecube.
Some people should learn that Sega's mistakes aren't what will help Nintendo.