By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2014 = Year Of Yoshi!!! <(^_^<)

Turkish said:
Is Yoshi Wii U even confirmed for next year? Its probably too early in development and that is why we havent seen anything since january. I bet its a 2015 release.

I want next year to be the year of Samus Aran! Metroid Prime 4 and Super Metroid 2 O_o

Too early? It'll have been over a year since the reveal if (when) the game releases in 2014, and they've already been working on it since before the reveal for who knows how long. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game release as early as March.

But yeah a year of Samus would be cool too, though as of now she has no games to promote, so it'd be kinda pointless. :L

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
I'm not trying to rain on any parades, but why do Nintendo fans use ^_^ so much?

Because I want too! Why does it even matter lol?

theARTIST0017 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
theARTIST0017 said:
but wait, Yoshi is already in more than half of those games by default. The fact that Yoshi's Yarn and Yoshi's Island is coming out next year is just due to development time! Not ruling out the idea, but it just seems like coincidence that the two exclusive Yoshi games are coming out next year! Plus, Yoshi is not even a main character (or doesn't even appear) in Super Mario 3D World. Not playing devil's advocate, just making some valid points.

Oh it's definitely a coincidence. However, just saying it's the year of Yoshi takes no prior planning or resources, so they could announce it at anytime. And yeah, I doubt SM3DW, a 2013 title, has anything to do with it lol.

aight bro, well let 2014 be the year of yoshi then

Well whether or not it's official will be up to Nintendo. We should find out what they decide within the next 3 Nintendo Directs!

Really wish the new Yoshi's Island was a Wii U game. Looks much much better than Yarn Yoshi, and unfortunately I recently sold off my 3DS XL..

Pavolink said:
I'm still waiting for the Year of Samus/Metroid.

I don't she's popular enough to have a Year of Metroid. I foresee years of DK, Kirby and Red beforehand.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Really wish the new Yoshi's Island was a Wii U game. Looks much much better than Yarn Yoshi, and unfortunately I recently sold off my 3DS XL..

Of course New Island looks better than Yarn Yoshi! It better considering all we've seen from the latter is a 30 second video. However, if SM3DW has taught us anything, it's to not jump to conclusions!
Also, just buy your 3DS back!

maybe a 2DS limited Yoshi Edition - only way I will buy it!

Switch!!!

We love Yoshi! Good news.

Well with them extending the Year of Luigi into 2014, this seems a lot less likely now. =/

I really hope Yarn Yoshi comes out in 2014, it looks fantastic.