By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FAST Racing NEO powered by 2nd generation engine for Wii U supports and uses 4k-8k textures

JazzB1987 said:
the_dengle said:

I never heard of the Wii game. If it's anything like F-Zero, it has my attention. I'm aching for a new F-Zero.

That is the WII version.

FAST was essentially created by Shin'en to appeal to deprived F Zero fans. It even has a similar brand of punishing difficulty. At the asking price, it's a steal, provided you are up for a stiff challenge.

Trust me, youtube doesn't do it justice, on a good TV, at 60fps, through component cables, even the Wii FAST Racing looks great, and that's with just 40MB total data and a non-HD, fixed function GPU. 

The thought of what the sequel will look like with Wii U's HD, DX10/11 capable GPU and Eshop's uncapped file size is mouth watering.

Around the Network

FrancisNobleman said:
cars...?

look at the in-game model of the "CAR"??

isn't it spaceships a la f.zero ?

FrancisNobleman said:
Also, I which this studio could be as clever with titles as they are with programming.

Fast racing ? really ?

:/

You never heard of term called "flying cars"...? Okay...

FAST is suppose to be an acronym...

curl-6 said:
- They are working on another Wii U game as well, hinted to be a new Art of Balance.

That's promising! Liked the WW version. Could implement some interesting Gamepad ideas in there.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I wish this game was out for Christmas. I can't wait to see it in action.

Looks pretty interesting.

I still need to buy their first game. Looks fun.

Around the Network

Games on Xbox 360 had mostly assets/models that were like 0.5K or 1K textures with some things being below 0.5k and when we compare it to 4K-8K textures that FAST Racing NEO will have then we are saying 8 to 16 more detailed textures!

Nano Assault Neo showed what these developers are capable of using only one cpu core.

Yes, it is a basic game but still visually impressive none the less.

Developers like these are essential for the success of the wii u.

I actually bought this on my Wii U last night and played It on Wii mode. I don't know how I never came across this game before but I saw It on you tube yesterday. Had a quick shot and Its really good but pretty hard. For sure I will buy the new one.

HighlandRainbow said:
I actually bought this on my Wii U last night and played It on Wii mode. I don't know how I never came across this game before but I saw It on you tube yesterday. Had a quick shot and Its really good but pretty hard. For sure I will buy the new one.

How is that? i though that there is no wiiware in wii mode, that si there jsut for upgrades, not was possible buy games for wiiware. Is possible then? How the credit work there?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I put my Wii U In Wii mode and then went to the Wii shop like you would do with a Wii and bought the game with my credit card.