Do you Agree?

YES!! 44 25.88%

ehh Yes, i guess 13 7.65%

I agree to that statement 16 9.41%

affirmative 1 0.59%

true story 8 4.71%

LOL just show me the results 88 51.76%

Total:170

The OP post has nearly been out longer than the PS4... seriously :)

Yes people like shooting games, get over it :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
adriane23 said:
There aren't any new shooter IPs announced, so I'd say this is a false assumption. Plus, there are a bunch of non-shooting games in development by SONY's first party.

isn't Destiny a shooter?

I'd categorize that as open-world because that seems to be the main focus. Killzone, Battlefield, and COD on the other hand are games where the objective is to shoot shit up.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Wait, so Uncharted is now considered a FPS???

And Ratchet & Clank didn't "involve some sort of gunplay"?!?! (Wasn't R&C pretty much ALL gunplay?)

If what you're getting at is the the majority "gamer" demographic has devolved into little more than non-stop Call of Duty bro-gamers, then yeah, point taken.

So what? Does it really matter if you don't enjoy the dominant market genre? Don't be so bitter. Was it really so much better when the top 10 sales included Need for Speed? What was so inspired about that? The gaming market now is made up of a lot of older gamers. Not everyone has the time to play a 40 hour JRPG epic. With jobs and kids, many gamers are now content to have a short gaming session on COD or Battlefield because it's not as much of a time investment.

Gaming now emphasizes "pick up and play" and high value. People want games that are easy to play right away and will last them a long time.

iceboy151 said:
I'm confused, is this supposed to be a bad thing?

It's seen as a bad thing. Should it be? I don't think so but I'm not the majority.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Its not Sony made PS4 like a shooter box for now and its the gamers who like to play Shooting more than other games.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Top 3 selling games are COD, BF4 and KZ

Yup, they have seen the other side.....and they like it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

iceboy151 said:
I'm confused, is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Depends who you talk to. Certainly yes to all the trolls who say "shooter box 360" or something along those lines.

Just drips with irony now :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Missed opportunity. ShooterStation 4 has a nicer ring

I dont understand whats really changed from last gen. Ps3 had killzone COD and BF too.
anyway, its good for me, I like shooters (most of the time)