By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoA Software/Hardware Engineer - Nintendo working on educational tablet/games for schools

forest-spirit said:
Could work as a trojan to get Nintendo characters into people's life early on. The software has to be above Mario is Missing level for it to have a chance though.

That's what I thought as well.

Nintendo could use a tablet like this to lure kids to their IP's. If done right and they succeed it could be brilliant!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:
Could work as a trojan to get Nintendo characters into people's life early on. The software has to be above Mario is Missing level for it to have a chance though.

Nintendo could use a tablet like this to lure kids to their IP's. If done right and they succeed it could be brilliant!!

Lure kids to the pedoplumber? CREEPY!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CD-i/iQue type partnership?

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

Hey, Mario ain't getting no lovin' from the princess, so where's he gonna get it - uh? ;)

Jeez, now I'm going to be hearing "Nintendo is going drop out of thee hardware race" "Nintendo is now embracing smartphones" "Soon I will be able to play Mario on my smartphone" from idiots.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

It could backfire on Nintendo if that was their plan. The kid, or parent, will ask "Why should I spend another couple hundred dollarson a new system to Mario games? Why can't you just release it on the tablet?".

AgentZorn said:
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

It could backfire on Nintendo if that was their plan. The kid, or parent, will ask "Why should I spend another couple hundred dollarson a new system to Mario games? Why can't you just release it on the tablet?".

Well, my thinking is, that IF Nintendo released a Educational tablet it would be to test the waters, and to lure in a new audience. And I'm pretty sure they'd make a tablet that was gaming centric - NOT like iPad and/or the Androids. It could be a third pillar for them, maybe only releasing old games on it, like the NES and SNES libraries

DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

But would it even be legal? There must be some regulations around advertising in schools. It's a smart move though, I could see this taking off. However it could pull focus and affect the rest of Nintendo.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

But would it even be legal? There must be some regulations around advertising in schools. It's a smart move though, I could see this taking off. However it could pull focus and affect the rest of Nintendo.

Well, technically it wouldn't be advertising. It would be educating. Just like having vending machines in schools isn't advertising ;)

DanneSandin said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DanneSandin said:
forest-spirit said:

Hey, Mario ain't getting no lovin' from the princess, so where's he gonna get it - uh? ;)

Er, actually, thinking again about it, you're right. Poor Mario, "cherchez la femme" never was truer than for him.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!