By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Long Before The Xbox One Sells 1 Million Units In The US?

I'm saying 500k in first 24h in USA, around 800-900k 1st week in USA. Considering Xbox One will launch in other countries too, i expect it will surpass 1 million worlwide in 48-72 h

Around the Network

As fast as they can make and ship a million units. The base is strong enough for that as PS4 showed last week. I think the real milestones now will be speed to 5 or 10 million. Nice to be optimistic about things.

You guys underestimate Microsoft marketing, it might easily beat the PS4.

That's really hard to say because I think it'll be similar to the PS4 and for quite a while it's going to be dictated by what MS can provide. I'd be highly surprised if they don't have a very similar situation.

So I'll guess 800,000 in the first 24 hours and 2 weeks to get to a million due to supply.

ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

Yes they do. Stop reading NeoGaf

No. They don't... I know you work for a retail but you are wrong... I don't know what GAF says... MS just couldn't manufacture 1 million consoles in time for the launch.

Are you honestly just guessing off the top of your head in your belief that ms can't manufacture 1 million consoles for launch??  

For all we know, ms may have started production of the x1s prior to ps4 production start date.  

Around the Network

If we're just talking the US, I reckon 2 weeks. Seems a fairly safe bet. 1 week if Microsoft have the supply.

They probably reserved most of their stock for the US. I think 1 million first week is easily achievable given that even PS4 was able to do it.

Though I have to say, seeing some people getting excited with just the possibility of Xbone outselling PS4 in software in the US is really funny.

They will sell 1 million consoles as fast as they can manufacture them. My guess is that they will have 1 million ready worldwide for launch day, but maybe more in the 600k range for NA.

ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

You also believe PS4 will have a better attatch rate I see.

Mountains of crow is coming to the anti X1 people. Next week will be fun.

No. PS4 won't have a better attach rate but 800k consoles vs 1 million will give more software to PS4... even more because these 800k Kowen are saying are EU included... US have a better attach rate than EU... over 1 million for PS4 is US only.

So next week you will need to eat some crow

No it doesnt. If the X1 has a better attatch rate (it will) it can sell more games with less hardware.

At the end of the day i still believe Sony will sell the most hardware but anyone thinking the X1 isnt about to explode out the gates is in for a serious shock

roborad said:

Are you honestly just guessing off the top of your head in your belief that ms can't manufacture 1 million consoles for launch?? 

For all we know, ms may have started production of the x1s prior to ps4 production start date.

?

MS started production in the first week of September... PS4 in late July or early August.