By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dead Rising 3 - Metacritic score of 78 on 34 critics reviews

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Seriously?

How many open world games do you play with offline co-op?

#unrealisticexpectations

Borderlands 1 and 2, Crackdown, Red Dead and Saints Row 2 off the top of my head, no reason why it is not able to be done on a next gen console.

#thisisnottwitter

Borderlands 1 and 2 are not open world. None of the other games you mentioned have split screen.

Furthermore, none of the the games you mentioned are as technically demanding as DR3. So your expectations are kinda unrealistic.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Awesome. Scored better than most haters here projected it to.

LOL @ "looks cool but could have been done last gen". Uh, duh? Is there a single launch game from any next gen console that doesn't hold true to that? Look at the "best" launch games for each.

Wii U - Mass Effect 3. Enough said.
PS4 - Battlefield 4. Also available on PS3. Though, with worse graphics and less players.
Xbone - Dead Rising 3. Could be done on 360, though in a much smaller world, with less impressive graphics, and with less zombies on screen.

Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Do you understand Microsoft never payed to keep Dead Rising exclusive, (taking it away, as you put it) right? This theory of yours can apply to other games, but not to Dead Rising.

Ok, please explain why when I had the 360 before the original Dead Rising was 360 exclusive and the PS3 never got it.

Dead Rising was also on the Wii.

Are you serious? So, again, why was it kept away from Sony? A fleet of games were kept away from Sony by Microsoft between 2007-2008.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Do you understand Microsoft never payed to keep Dead Rising exclusive, (taking it away, as you put it) right? This theory of yours can apply to other games, but not to Dead Rising.

Ok, please explain why when I had the 360 before the original Dead Rising was 360 exclusive and the PS3 never got it.

Are you serious? So, again, why was it kept away from Sony? A fleet of games were kept away from Sony by Microsoft between 2007-2008.

PS3's shitty architecture? 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

If you would have been keeping up with Sony news during that time like a real fan would, you'd know the ps3 had difficult architecture which made it more expensive to develope for, plus it was selling pretty bad during its first years,uhm bio shock was another example of this....

Around the Network

I loved the soundtrack, feels like a horror b movie and I love that

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Wright said:

?

Crackdown, Red Dead (I assume you say Redemption) and Saints Row 2 don't have offline co-op.

Says they do on the back of the box.

Yep, but it can't. Maybe that was a mistake on the box.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes, this certainly explains why Dead Rising two was on the PS3. What a foolish response. You cannot give a proper response. Forget about me even asking you.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes, this certainly explains why Dead Rising two was on the PS3. What a foolish response. You cannot give a proper response. Forget about me even asking you.

Dead Rising 2 came out in 2010 which by then the devs would have known more about the PS3's architecture, so enough of this Sony is God and Microsoft is crap.

Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:

Dead Rising 2 came out in 2010 which by then the devs would have known more about the PS3's architecture, so enough of this Sony is God and Microsoft is crap.

Dude...There is nothing you can do to convince me that the PS3's architecture is worse than the Wii. They made the game from the ground up for the Wii as a remake.  Just stop...you're really getting ridiculous. Microsoft uses exclusivity major timed exclusivity or exclusivity tactics against Sony: Fact. There is no other explaination as to why lightening strikes twice. Not saying Sony doesn't but last gen it was nowhere close. Sony mostly got exclusive content unless it was a Japanese game where they have the national crowd behind their products.