By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A launch analysis of the PS4 and a hint at its future

Well guys its been both fun and stressful working the PS4 launch. I thought I'd stop by and give you an update on how things are trending at launch.

1. Sony is back with a vengeance.  The momentum of the PS4 is currently nothing short of astounding.  While the 1 million sales in 24 hours number is impressive Sony could've sold somewhere in the region of 2.5 to 3 million had they provided the inventory. 

2. We can't meet demand. Our phones are ringing off the hook,  customers are asking to pay huge amounts to secure one, and all stores are at or nearly at 100% sell through. Dont expect excess amounts of stock till late February or March of next year.

3. Cry for Knack, smile for Killzone.

4. COD, AC, and BF4 are King.

5. Switching to pay for play online was a good business choice. Massive increase in PS+ memberships.

6. Failures are real, but far too early to assess the percentage

In closing PS4 just had the most successful console launch in history. As long as Sony brings the games we very well may be looking at another PS2.

Now the countdown to X1 begins........

Around the Network

Thanks for the info again!
Well, very lukewarm reviews definitely didn't help Knack shame, but apparently it's not of that high quality so the subjectively but still better games deserve to sell more.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

can't wait to hear you comparison to the XB1 next week

It is near the end of the end....

thanks for the update ben. what you shared is pretty interesting. can i ask, do you expect the X1 to beat the PS4's launch week numbers? also, can you say anything about when there will be another shipment?

What are people saying about the failures? Were there tons of people asking for refunds?

Around the Network

I think we might see two of the most successful launches in history back-to-back, which is amazing. Both the PS4 and XO should be in situations where the supply situation is holding back massive numbers.

Damn good for "dying" home consoles.

bananaking21 said:
thanks for the update ben. what you shared is pretty interesting. can i ask, do you expect the X1 to beat the PS4's launch week numbers? also, can you say anything about when there will be another shipment?

It will be tough for X1 to top PS4. As of now Im going to say it wont but I could be wrong. 

That being said it will be hugely successful. Demand has been rising for it over the past 2 months

BenVTrigger said:
bananaking21 said:

It will be tough for X1 to top PS4. As of now Im going to say it wont but I could be wrong. 

That being said it will be hugely successful. Demand has been rising for it over the past 2 months

thanks for the info. 

oh and if you could possibily give us an update about the failures when you can it would be great. thats of course if you can

Figgycal said:
What are people saying about the failures? Were there tons of people asking for refunds?

No not tons of people but enough to firmly say there is indeed a situation.

I dont believe we are looking at any crazy RROD situation but a warranty on your console is probably a smart idea.

Sigh I should have preordered one to resell at xmas, what a missed opportunity :(

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz