By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes cracks 100k in North America in only three weeks

Riot Of The Blood said:
I don't get what the big deal is over 100k. Ratchet has sold over 800k units worldwide, and most people consider it a flop.

Am I missing something here?

You're just missig everything.

Research about Suda's games.  Those number are a record for him. He never sold that amount in such a short period. No one here expects that title to pass 500k. If it reaches 400k already would be unbelievable.

100k for Suda is amazing, he probably is very happy. 

On the other hand, most sony fans where expecting tha Rachet would a million seller from the start, but by now it's still not. 

Around the Network

I would/will be fucking happy if No More Heroes cracks 1 million... its a long way, but it aint impossible.

I definitely want to see more from Suda 51(Goichi), if the man is the right seat with a greatly creative partner, then he'll definitely accomplish some awesome things.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Kasz216 said:

By the way. Sid Meyer's Pirates! is an actual sandbox game. Comparing it to GTA is also stupid.

Even games that would fall in the same genre often fail at comparisons.

If for example, a baseball game used the GTA overmap, and had some minigames where you earn money by doing odd jobs between games to power up your gear... like mowing the lawn... and basically the jobs in no more heroes...

is that a GTA clone to you?

The Gameplay is what's important. Not how you get to the gameplay.

There is zero gameplay in the actual open world. You can't steal anything, pick fights with people... pretty much do nothing but use your bike to get to gameplay segments. (And look for meatballs.)

You go to a building... then get a job. Which is basically like any sports game where you pick a training and then do it for points.

Word. Also - "sandbox games" != genre. Fer serious - it's an aspect of a game, not the core of it. And GTA did not invent that particular aspect of gaming. Hi every PC RPG ever! How's it feel to be completely ignored? Elite? Freelancer? How you kids doing?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

mrstickball said:
Thanks for the bashing guys. Really means alot to me.

I find it interesting that you compare it to Dynasty Warriors and Devil May Cry, yet neither are open-world, overhead mapping, nor have quirky side quests, nor use an economy system (as far as I can remember for DW), and also interesting that they use Grand Theft Auto in many of the comparisons (both similarities and glaring differences) - all of which GTA/NMH share in common, and none (despite being somewhat decently big elements of both NMH/GTA) aren't in the games your comparing it to.

Very mature guys. Very mature. Even then, 100k in 3 weeks is still bad. Hopefully it keeps selling, as it looks like a great game. But you gotta call a duck a duck :)

The civil way to put it is: this is already the best selling game of Suda 51's career, in both Japan and America now, including Killer 7 on the much-bigger-install-base-and-supposedly-more-hardcore PS2. By the end of its lifespan, expect this to be by far his best selling title (again, it has already achieved that goal in Japan and America, I'm just stating that it's going to stretch that title considerably further).

So yes, it's very good. Keep in mind that I hate Suda 51 games, by the way.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Not that bad :) Maybe 300 k in the US and the same for the EU ? With a bit of luck this could become a 600k seller lifetime :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

If it can keep it up, then it can maybe get to 250k in North America alone in not too long. I've been thinking of picking up the game, but I'm in Japan, so it would be under those numbers, but I feel kinda bad that I've been in Japan, but the games I've gotten have all been or will be available in other markets too. Maybe after getting a game or two only available in Japan will I pick it up.

NMH would sell great on t-shirts in hot topic and stores like that, if they could somehow tap that market with this game those kids would be all over it    

also is there anywhere i can buy real t-shirts like travis has in the game... i might be interrested in having some made up... like the grasshopper logo would be bad ass. nerely every shirt would be

Man MrStick, I actually expected more of you =\

I'm quite happy to recognise when a game does well on your preferred console and admit that the 360 was the right console for it, why can't you be happy to admit that NMH has done well for what it is and is on the right console rather than going 'It would have sold more on the X360!'.

Its Crazzyman type stuff =\

100K in 3 weeks for a Suda game is good no questions about it. Hopefully this will have some legs and Europe will pull some ZDub action and buy it as well. If it crosses the 500K milestone, I will be very happy.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception