By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

phenom08 said:
According to some, sold means sell through all of a sudden. Righttttt.....still waiting for that confirmation. Also I find it weird Sony expects to ship only 5 million, something seems fishy.

They know they will do more than 5M, but they want to surprise everyone and be able to say " we passed our expectations by 2M!!! "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Incredible, now lets see if it can sustain these record sales or drop into irrelivancy ala Wii U

Unfortunatly... it wll not sustain sales. Sony has only projected 3 mil this year... they probably shipped the majority of them all ready and will be extremely supply constrained

phenom08 said:
According to some, sold means sell through all of a sudden. Righttttt.....still waiting for that confirmation. Also I find it weird Sony expects to ship only 5 million, something seems fishy.

Obviousely they will. North America is nothing to Sony, it's their weakest market. 1 million sold in 24 hours is somewhat unexpected. 

It's just the first day, plus it's in their weakest market. And they did 1 million with average exclusive. To me it's pretty revelant... 

And lol at people still comparing it to the Wii U. People are not afraid here. In one day, on their weakest market, with almost crappy exclusive, the Playstation 4 has sold 1/3 of total sold Wii U... Do not compare BMW I8 with Punto mate. Keep your feet on the ground and stop talking about Wii U anymore, it's pretty clear what the odds are. 

phenom08 said:

Yoshida isn't a good enough source for you?

Somini said:
JoeTheBro said:
Congrats for a great launch Sony.

Also all you forum guys need to remember this has much more to do with supply than demand.

You mean the console were supplied to people not demanding them?

Of course I'm not meaning that. At launch demand is always higher than supply.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
TrevDaRev said:
1 million in 24hrs? Incredible achievement.

Going to be a great holiday season for them. November 29th, please hurry up.

NOOOO Hurry up 22nd! I want dat Tearaway!!! Then PS4 can come out :p

YES! :D 

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus and Tearaway will help the wait greatly. Can't wait to finally play Tearaway.

Why do they expect to only sell 3 million this year?

MohammadBadir said:

Low expectations to surprise eveeryone.

Or...Not enough supplies in europe :/ ( logic, they know europe is their territory)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

MohammadBadir said:

Humility.

How To Get a Free PlayStation 4 - Life Hack