By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii owners, how much could you get for the price of a ps3?

money savings aside i still had more interest in the wii than the ps3. i think of the lower cost of the wii and lower cost of wii games as an added bonus. more gaming per dollar is great!

...and as i have a stand definition tv HD graphics for the pointless. maybe someday but when i compare HD to SD at the store i'm severely underwhelmed by the improvement.

Around the Network

Finally I can post this old video:

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda
Alexandervgc said:

Ah, great video :) I can't wait for Brawl, I'm totally gonna get some heineken and doritos when it comes out!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

A lot. I have 15+ Wii games and still haven't spent 600 dollars.

Of course that's because I got the Wii and a number of those games free.

Which is why stuff like this is kinda meaningless.

I mean PS3's aren't even 600 dollars anymore and you can get one off ebay for about the price of a wii. (20 gig) 

Explosivo said:
Alexandervgc said:

Ah, great video :) I can't wait for Brawl, I'm totally gonna get some heineken and doritos when it comes out!

ROFL - loved the video - shows how expensive the PS3 is compared to the Wii and how overpriced it is. Maybe Sony will learn their lesson

Around the Network

With the PS3 launch price (679 EUR):
Wii Sports pack (269)
Wii Play (59)
Twilight Princess (69)
Mario Party 8 (49)
Metroid Prime 3 (57)
Super Mario Galaxy (59)
Excite Truck (25 or 20)
RE: Umbrella Chronicles (59 or 49)
Wii 2000 Points Card (22)

With the PS3:s current price (529 EUR):
Wii Sports Pack
Wii Play
Twilight Princess
Mario Party 8
Metroid Prime 3
Excite Truck

All games except for Excite Truck, have been bought new at full price (and ET was bought new at importers warehouse clearance sale).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

so... let me get this straight.

you'd choose PS3 at its highest price point, while your Wii selection (game discounts) are picked at its lowest point?

Isn't that like saying... Oh, I bought a TV at Walmart for 1000 bucks reguar price, and I bought a same tv at BestBuy 2 years later for less, so therefore, Bestbuy will always have lower price than Walmart

Makes no sense, if you want to compare prices, do it at the same point of time.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I wouldn't save enough to buy a PS3 :P And that's what matters :(

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
I wouldn't save enough to buy a PS3 :P And that's what matters :(

If it's a 600 point price point... you could get a Wii and PS3 for about 560 dollars with use of ebay.  (Just saw a 20 gig go for 270 + 30 dollars shipping.

so many people comming in with falmes

he is just giving his example, his thoughts, then asking for other peoples examples---chill out kiddies

I had at launch--2 wii motes, two nuns, zelda, cod, 20 dollars in wii points, wii stand, and batteries for 460 and change