By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Major Flaw in Design of PS4 Controller

Tagged games:

What do you think of no DualShock 4 branding on the controller?

its odd that they didnt put it on 11 17.46%

disappointing, i want the branding. 8 12.70%

dont care 44 69.84%

Total:63

The DualShock 4 is a great controller and all, but it has one major flaw.

It lacks any DualShock 4 branding! No where on the controller does it say its name or even DS4. it just says Sony

all other DualShocks have had the branding on the controller. the DS3 had both Sixaxis and DualShock 3. 

but the best controller yet, doesnt even have its name.

yes the title is a hyperbole. its not a big deal but it is surprising that the only major controller that has actually had a name, and has a pedigree to it, doesnt have the iconic Dualshock label on it. seems odd.

in other news:

I have been wanting a PS4 since it was announced but i was to late to pre-order. So i knew i couldnt get it for a while.

But Yesterday (launch day) I went to my local Marine Corps Exchange, here on base, and they had like 30 or so PS4 all on display. I was shocked, and they even had a deal for $15 off if you bought a game and a controller, and $5 off each subsequent game purchased! and of course it was tax free. So i went ahead and bought one. 

So im a lucky owner of a PS4. I didnt have to pre-order, wait in a long line, wait for shipping. and i got it for $15 off and no tax!

Around the Network

The X360 controller was raved about from a lot of people and that didn't have a name, a controller doesn't need a name. Congrats on your PS4 though, please give impressions on it if you can, and let us know if you had any tech issues with it working, please.

Lol

What's PS4's going for on eBay? Perhaps you should have bought a couple of them.

A major flaw if you only watch other people play and never play it yourself, maybe

Around the Network

I'm.... glad that I'm not the only one who was bugged by this. Seriously xD

But to be fair, I'm pretty sure the PS1 DualShock didn't have it either.

forest-spirit said:
What's PS4's going for on eBay? Perhaps you should have bought a couple of them.

unfortunately limit one per customer  ;-(

This is a major flaw? Poor PS4, can't catch a break.

It doesn't tell you it's name. It asks you, "Say my name."

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Hes right you know... people are gonna get this confused with a ps1 controller cause it doesn't have any branding... worst disaster of the year!!!

/s

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850