By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something I think some people need to remember about nextgen

I made this "brilliant" graph in paint and posted it in reddits' r/gaming, but the mods over there think it's "not gaming related" -.-

Well I guess the mods over here won't delete it, so I'll post it here.

(Empirically proven by: Me )

Anyway discuss

Around the Network

Yes I think this is the most accurate post about Next Gen !!

Very well done! Five stars for you and a cookie!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

you make the next gen's curve in same accentuation of the current gen's curve, I think it should be less but still surpassing the current gen in a right momentum

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

This graph makes more sense than it should

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You sir, are awesome.

Can you make a graph about tits ? Somehow ? Tits vs something. That'd be great.

You should change that second graph. Current gen and next gen should be parallel to one another just different time based. Because doesn't matter if it's next gen or not, there are a lot of games better for past gens that are better than a lot of current gen games.

Your graph gives the assumption that next gen games are going to be hands down better than prior gen games the later in the gen you get.

I lol'd. In reality I don't think the next gen curve should be below the current gen one - given what I've read about BF4, FIFA 14, NBA 2K14 and AC4. They are a - somewhat small - improvement. Just gonna take a year until we really see the first games properly only developed on next gen hardware.

@kupomogli: I disagree, aside from certain all time classics I feel that games have generally gotten better every generation.

@Degausser: This graph is not really supposed to represent crossgen titles, but rather games exclusive to their respective gen