By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gobsmacking Forza 5 Gameplay. Looks amazing

Marginally average.

Could be the video quality. I dont know what it is with Forza but there is something strange about the way it renders things.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
p3ro said:

Not a bad game, But the graphics are nothing spectacular you could even argue that their is not a huge jump from f1 2013 on the 360 to this. Yes It's a launch title and will get much much better from here on. But about the game itself the sound of the formula 1 is just catastrophic and the way the driver is shifting gears.... is just terrible it's not how it's done in real life and the physics of it just dont look all that good. But in other words for forza it's  not looking too bad and it's great to see their including more and more f1 in games now :D

Mate. Seriously? I have sank over 700 hours into F1 2013 on 360. it looks and moves nowhere near this. Its a joke. Forza 5 looks like te closest to F1 feel Ive seen in a Game. The lighting and color of the sky is so good.

If reviewers don't harp too much on the less cars, I have little doubts this will make the 90 meta.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
If reviewers don't harp too much on the less cars, I have little doubts this will make the 90 meta.

Forza 5 will ave way better physics tan GT6 and Forza 4. Way better graphics, way better car models. Way better accuracy with the track modelling. Way better simulation gameplay, and the best F1 physics on a coonsole out there. Also Indy car as well as Australian Touring Car. Forza 5 will be better than every other Simulator on console for years to come. Well until we get Forza 6 that is. 

Forza 5 will bring new people to the franchise. And probably have a super edition next christmas wit all DLC added in.

This is actually the only reason to get any next gen console at launch. The best driving game by a country mile. Just watch its lifetime sales. A lack of any next gen GT for 7 or so years will play right into Forza hands. 

Well that trailer doesn't really scream next gen to me, but that's probably cause of the track and cause there's only one car.

I'll stick with my 80-85 meta prediction,the game looks like Forza 3-4 but with less content so I don't see reviewers scoring the game as high as those, especially since it's next gen.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Marginally average.

Could be the video quality. I dont know what it is with Forza but there is something strange about the way it renders things.

Mate thats the most realisitic F1 driving ive seen yet in a game. The lighting looks damn real. The stadiums white is very realistic. Destructoids comment in the Launch trailer is right. They said and I quote " Visually on another level ". Gamespot " Looks better than reality. "

Oh man I cant wait.

selnor1983 said:
sales2099 said:

Forza 5 will ave way better physics tan GT6 and Forza 4. Way better graphics, way better car models. Way better accuracy with the track modelling. Way better simulation gameplay, and the best F1 physics on a coonsole out there. Also Indy car as well as Australian Touring Car. Forza 5 will be better than every other Simulator on console for years to come. Well until we get Forza 6 that is. 

Forza 5 will bring new people to the franchise. And probably have a super edition next christmas wit all DLC added in.

This is actually the only reason to get any next gen console at launch. The best driving game by a country mile. Just watch its lifetime sales. A lack of any next gen GT for 7 or so years will play right into Forza hands. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10312204/Gran-Turismo-7-set-for-PS4-release-in-a-year-or-two.html

Stop claiming that in every thread about Forza, you've been banned for the whole GT trashing in a Forza thread before.

selnor1983 said:
sales2099 said:

Agreed. While totally not fair if you are a GT fan, the generational gap means Forza is the premier franchise by default, no two ways about it. It's just too big a technical advantage to overlook. Will most likely see Forza 6 before GT7, totally expect them to finally add the weather/day cycles and the added cars offcourse. But at least we see they have the technical aspects down to a T.

And since its a age neutral E for everyone type of game, this can function as a excellent bundle for years to come, a nice showcase of a quality launch X1 game.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
sales2099 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10312204/Gran-Turismo-7-set-for-PS4-release-in-a-year-or-two.html

Stop claiming that in every thread about Forza, you've been banned for the whole GT trashing in a Forza thread before.

Um hello. They claimed that with GT5. And it got delayed by 3 years buddy. 

They have to build an entire new engine. It took Polyphony 2 years just to build the enine for PS3 GT. Its damage control nothing more to the community not to buy Forza 5. 

The only way for Polyphony to do it on a new system 2 years after GT6 is use the same engine and gimp on cars. So 2 years GT7 uses GT6 engine with PS2 models, PS3 models and say 50 PS4 models?

I would bet my entire lifetime earnings GT7 will not come before 2017.

no forza game has come close to GT games.