By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many Games Did You Buy This Past Gen? Can You Beat Me?

LOL Good Christ. I'm really not sure how some folks can afford to own every console in a given generation, let alone buy a cumulative total of 100/200/300 physical retail games for them. Must have some seriously rich folks here, or else they put most of their budget towards gaming and live off of top ramen.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
LOL Good Christ. I'm really not sure how some folks can afford to own every console in a given generation, let alone buy a cumulative total of 100/200/300 physical retail games for them. Must have some seriously rich folks here, or else they put most of their budget towards gaming and live off of top ramen.

Nah.  It's not hard.  A full priced console isn't even a third of my paycheck.  Then there's the buy two get one free sales or, even better, the buy one get one free sales.  Lots of times, you can find a game you had your eye on for $20 or less.  And then there was the video stores that were going out of business so you could buy like ten games for $50.  Over 7 years (more if you include the DS), and buying a couple games a month and getting a few as gifts per year, things build up quickly. I could spend a couple hundered dollars on a date or a dinner and not think twice about it.  I did it a lot.  Pissed me off sometimes because, when that meal was done, it was done.  At least when I buy a game, I still have that game for years--sometimes decades later.

Gotta have restraint, though.  Like a kid in a candy store, you can't just buy everything you see.  You'll miss out on what's really important in life.  I really toned it down in 2013 and stopped trying to buy everything.  I only buy what I want to play, now.  I woud have been one of those playing a PS4 right now but I think I've matured a bit.

HEMSTAR said:
PS3:
103 Retail Games (91 Physical copies)
About 30-40 downloadable titles

dat maths

PlaystaionGamer said:
HEMSTAR said:
PS3:
103 Retail Games (91 Physical copies)
About 30-40 downloadable titles

dat maths

I'm in a similar boat.  I buy 90% physical copies of retail games but sometimes you see a good retail game on sale and you buy it from Xbox Live or PSN.  I personally don't count them the same as those little PSN/XBLA titles.

So, what I think he's saying (and he can clarify) is that he has 91 retail games, 12 digital copies of retail games from the PSN, and about 30-40 little games like Flower, Braid, Streets of Rage, Castle Crashers, etc.

I'm at: (PHYSICAL count only)

PS3: 60
PSP: 13

NDS and WII: No idea, I'm too lazy to go to the other side of my house and count them. Will be somewhere between 10 and 20 in total though

Around the Network

physical only I would have the better part of 150 xbox and maybe 50 or so ps3 sat around the 20 ds games and around 10 psp maybe 20-30 wii games around on disks still. it's too many to go counting but yeah... it's shelves full.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

DevilRising said:

I paid about 15-20$ for most my PS3 games and most my PC games cost somewhere around 5$ or so per pop, even less with digital versions. I bought one game pack for 50 euros and that alone contained 46 titles. Gaming doesn't have to be expensive!

Probably around 30 games, all for around $20. Still makes me a hardcore gamer as I have over three times the attach ratio. People with over 200 games though.... that is a lot of money.

I bought around 70 retail games over the last generation (give or take). Altogether.. over 150+, including downloadables.

That......could have gone a long way to buy a brand new car :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.