By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Sony and Nintendo First Party Games last two years) Has Sony's First Party been disappointing for the past two years?

nnodley said:
So much for trying to bring peace to the site I guess.

As if that was ever going to happen. 

Around the Network
Juma009 said:
I wonder if you add up the sales of all these games who wins, Sony or Nintendo? can someone do it?

Probably Nintendo. 

Ohh so, if you're counting all games "owned" by Sony, why not do the same with Nintendo? Where is:
-Pokemon Rumble U
-Game & Wario
-Wii Party U
-Sonic & Mario at the Soczi 2014 Winter Olympics

And I'm sure I'm missing some others. At least do some research before your Sony hate threads.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Ohh so, if you're counting all games "owned" by Sony, why not do the same with Nintendo? Where is:
-Pokemon Rumble U
-Game & Wario
-Wii Party U
-Sonic & Mario at the Soczi 2014 Winter Olympics

And I'm sure I'm missing some others. At least do some research before your Sony hate threads.

Go up about 3 or four posts and you will see.  

But to sum it up i suppose you want me to include Wonderbook and Eyepet adventures too right?

Not a hate thread either.

Jaywood, would you should do when asking a question like this, is to add a few more equations - and not simply go by the average score of games. You should at least have the sales as well to give a bigger picture of things. Scores isn't the end all be all, and I think sales gives a little better and broader view of what's going on and how well a game is received.

And to take this a bit further you could lump all game scores from Sony together and take THAT average and compare it to the average score of Nintendo games - and then do the same thing with sales.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Here's what I could dig up, make of it what you want:

2011:

1) MSFT! Average score: 77.2

2) Nintendo: Av. Sc: 74.4

3) Sony: Av. Sc: 72.8

2012:

1) EA! Av Sc: 75.2

2) MSFT: Av Sc: 73

3) Sony: Av Sc: 72.3

4) Nintendo: Av Sc: 71.2

So there you go folks, MS bested BOTH Sony and Nintendo for 2011 AND 2012. I have been unsuccessful to find how much SW Sony and/or Nintendo has sold in 2012 and/or 2013

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

2011:

2012:

So there you go folks, MS bested BOTH Sony and Nintendo for 2011 AND 2012. I have been unsuccessful to find how much SW Sony and/or Nintendo has sold in 2012 and/or 2013

It's funny to just look at the average review score of all the first party games (or exclusives) without knowing how many there actually were. For example, I'm sure there weren't too many Microsoft first party games (or exclusives) released in 2012, when Sony and Nintendo probably had plenty more.

DanneSandin said:

2011:

2012:

Wrong way to do this. You need to take into consideration the quantity as well. No point in having only 1 game rated at 77.

JayWood2010 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't see anything on that list below a 70% average other than Knack. Sony has been doing a fantastic job with their first party lineup this gen. I could see them rivaling Nintendo with the PS4.

2012-2013

Wind Waker - 90
Pikmin 3 - 87
New Super luigi U - 77 
Nintendo Land - 77
Pokemon XY - 88
Professor Layton and Azran Legacy - 81
Pheonix Wright Ace Attorny - 81
Mario and Luigi Dream Team - 81
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 88
Mario & DK Minis - 78
Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon - 86
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 92
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 75
Professor Layton: Miracle Mask - 82
New Super Mario Bros 2 - 78
Kid Icarus: Uprising - 83

This list is missing so many games....NSMBU, Lego City Undercover, Crashmo, Game & Wario, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, Tomodachi Collection, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, DKCR, Taiko no Tatsujin , Scribblenauts, Wonderful 101 etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I dont see why we need Sony games to be compared with this. Actually, I think Sony had an incredible line-up of exclusives in the last two years. It´s just that those games do not sell as well as Nintendo exclusive games, but their quality can´t be denied.

biglittlesps said:

Playstation exclusives have variety for every kind of people around the world so it will get mixed reviews(because sometimes reviewed by the people who is not real target of that game) and lands on meteoritic like that. But, it doesn't mean its just average game because some games are meant for everyone and some are for people with specific user base unlike other makers who never tries that kind of variety and always rely upon their established IP's without risks.

Playstation is for everyone with games being developed exclusively for each kind of people.

Review system we have is very stupid because they don't have some standards to review them like it should be mostly targeted towards this kind of people and should review based on that perspective instead they use their opinions of other old IP's related to that and bash the game not being better than them.

*Rolls eyes*

How is this  any different for Nintendo? Or even MS?