By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

Well, obviously it won't get as high a score as CoD or Battlefield, as it doesn't evolve the FPS genre.

Hm.

Wait a minute ...

Around the Network

I can only imagine the reasoning is that it's a chore to play, don't know how a 6-10hour campaign that isn't a corridor shooter could score lower than CoD and BF.

seems odd that Battlefield 4 scores in the mid 80's, with an absolutely terrible campaign, but had good multiplayer.
So obviously its dreadful campaign didnt punish it too much.

But killzone has a very good campaign, and very good multiplayer, get in the 70's

that polygon review lol

lol at polygon giving this 5/10.

Around the Network

b...b...bu...but... 1080P!!!!!

On a serious note, as an XBOT this is very depressing news. It just shows gaming is going in a completely different fucking wrong direction.

When the worst COD, Battlefield and Killzone games are all released in the same month, you know something is not right.

I never liked Killzone myself so in its own right, this news does not surprise me one bit but its still disappointing to hear it do so bad. Im sure it will sell well though since PS4 doesn't have much of a launch.

Hope the same doesn't happen with Titanfall.

foodfather said:

Titanfall should be safe (I think), most of the complaints when it comes to FPS games, is that there isn't enough evolution to move the genre forward. I think Titanfall may have that.

A few things:

1) Polygon should just not be part of Metacritic anymore. They consistently give PlayStation games absurdly below average scores, and MS games way above average scores.

2) Overall Killzone's score is very disappointing to me as I was hoping for a 9.5.

3) I am insanely annoyed by IGN's scores. The reviewer says that it is the best Killzone ever and that it finally reached the series potential = 8?!?!?!?

tiffac said:
foodfather said:

Titanfall should be safe (I think), most of the complaints when it comes to FPS games, is that there isn't enough evolution to move the genre forward. I think Titanfall may have that.

Idk TBH Titanfall doesn't seem at all special to me.  It looks exactly like COD with mechs and jetpacks.  I liked it better when it was called Killzone 3 ;)

tiffac said:
foodfather said:

RE evolution, a lot of people pitch Titanfall as COD with jetpacks, I dont think that alone is enough. 

Captain_Tom said:
Idk TBH Titanfall doesn't seem at all special to me.  It looks exactly like COD with mechs and jetpacks.  I liked it better when it was called Killzone 3 ;)

See what I mean...

Can't blame you though, many people think its the same too.