By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:
Published= BOUGHT.

Sony didn't have jack shit in terms of quality exclusives until Gran Turismo came along.

they rode the 3rd party waves for at least a good 5-6 years Gran Turismo aside.

Don't forget that the PS1 only truly took off in 1997. And say what you want about the published/bought, etc but they played a big part in making FF the series it is today.

A series i don't give a toss about, as JRPG's are second only to RTS games in terms of my most disliked genre.

So thanks again sony.

JRPG's galore, Shenmue dies, and Yakuza is born.......... JUST FANTASTIC.

We're not talking about what you care about here.

Who's to say that FF would not have been as big if not bigger if they had stuck with Nintendo?

I know its a LOT of BOUGHT 3rd parties series that made sony what they are today, but maybe without FF moneyhatting, they may not have grown as much as they did.

They will always be mere "reality" stars to me.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Who's to say that FF would not have been as big if not bigger if they had stuck with Nintendo?

I know its a LOT of BOUGHT 3rd parties series that made sony what they are today, but maybe without FF moneyhatting, they may not have grown as much as they did.

It would not have magically become bigger without Sony's marketing and the fact that the PS brought gaming to more than just kids.

Its gonna sell a shitload..probably more than any other killzone game ever sold.

KZ got 8/10 on IGN.... which is pretty damn good and about what was expected.

Goatseye said:
MikeRox said:
You you're outlook is too demanding.

Based on how awesome the launch was, the Dreamcast for me should have eclipsed pretty much any system that has been released since.

Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, Toy Commander, Sega Rally 2 and a bunch of other pretty damn awesome games on release makes it all the more depressing that it crashed and burned :( Toy Commander alone would have been worth the cost of entry to me for any games console.

A fighter, platformers and a Racing game.

Sounds to me like X1.

It also sounds like the original Xbox launch.

But let's be completely serious here, KI3 will not be the original Soul Calibur. It just wont.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Ronster316 said:

It would not have magically become bigger without Sony's marketing and the fact that the PS brought gaming to more than just kids.

People really need to remember that.  Sony made gaming cool and they helped the industry just as much as nintendo...

STRYKIE said:
Goatseye said:

Sounds to me like X1.

But let's be completely serious here, KI3 will not be the original Soul Calibur. It just wont.

You are comparing a 2D side scroller game to a 3D one in a different category.

the game only has 18 reviews. 18! Wait til it reaches 90 reviews or something. Not to mention an average of 74. of those 18 reviews. If it gets 6 reviews with scores above 80 it'll easily reach 80 in average score.

Goatseye said:
STRYKIE said:
Goatseye said:

Sounds to me like X1.

You are comparing a 2D side scroller game to a 3D one in a different category.

No. He's comparing 2 [one on one] fighting games. -__-

You're the one creating categories to fit your agenda.

Its a sad day when LAUNCH games scoring an average of 7.4/10 are considered a flop.