By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your view on current Marvel Comics/Studios

Tagged games:

Goddbless said:
darkknightkryta said:
As far as movies go? I really don't know what's happening. The Wolverine was fantastic. Haven't watched Thor yet. They've abandoned Thanos for Avengers so I'm confused. I have yet to watch the T.V. series. The Days of Future Past does indeed look like a mess of a film, I can only hope it's entertaining. Captain America movie looks pretty pro.

Who told you that? He hasn't even been fully introduced. 

The next Avengers movie is being based off of the Ultron story.  No Thanos.  Though Thanos isn't completely missing as I just found out.

Around the Network

Comics:
X-men is all over the place.. there are so many things going on.. Younger X-men team brought back from time.. bad ass Cyclops, you really have to be reading X-men since.. Decimation in 2005 to really understand anything..
Shout out for Cable and X-Force..

Superior Spider-man... Good comic but still Doc Ock.. really? C'mon its been a year bring PP back!

Captain America... 12 years in a different dimension.. adopted a son.. then they bring him back after 11 issues and it has been 30 minutes in the real dimension but he's a changed man now.... wtf?

Guardians of the Galaxy.. one of the better titles. Like Avengers Arena.. now thats a crazy title.. with heroes being killed of.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Goddbless said:

That's never going to happen because Fox owns the rights to mutants. Unless Disney/Marvel can work something out with Fox then mutants won't show up in the Avengers films. I know Marvel originally sold the rights to a lot of their properties because they were in financial trouble, that deal is now harming their vision to have a connected movie universe.

The comics haven't interested me in a long time. I used to love X-Men but I stopped reading it heavily after the Onslaught saga. 

I would have thought 'mutant' would have been left out the deal, for example 'X-men and related characters'. If Fox were sensible or more creative, it means they would have used 2 character they already could in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, yet they haven't.

If you stopped, I would recommend picking up Mike Carey's run in TPB it's very good in my opinion, darker feel which is good, art is mostly by Chris Bachelo and Humberto Ramos, so expect comicy art.

Hmm, pie.

NiKKoM said:

Comics:
X-men is all over the place.. there are so many things going on.. Younger X-men team brought back from time.. bad ass Cyclops, you really have to be reading X-men since.. Decimation in 2005 to really understand anything..
Shout out for Cable and X-Force..

The X-men is my comic of choice and it is a mess, it needs stability, as indicated in my OP, the time travel thing is a joke, worst thing I've read in years. Cyclops being bad ass makes no sense, his character took a real kicking after Avengers vs X-men yet for some reason he went back to the very people who have destroyed his character to form a team. It baffled me, Cyclops would not do this, he needs to rebuild himself, sure but not by hanging around with White Queen, Magneto and a Demon. 

What I think they should have done is relaunch Uncanny as a traditional book, Storm being the leader (this is now X-men) and in X-men: Legacy, not with Legion but Cyclops, trying to rebuild his life and Xavier's dream. They could have done great things with his character but he's back to where he was before AvX. There has been no development at all. Just an arogant twat. Although he's been like that since his return from his death after merging with Apocalypse, could be a great story in that...

Hmm, pie.

Holy thread revival!...

Just wanted to see people's opinions again, after a hugely successful year of movies (Cap A and Guardians), I finally got round to catching up on my comics, Uncanny, X-men and Avengers.

Things really have changed in the last few months with them and the Marvel Universe. Uncanny X-men is finally becoming good, interesting story and characterisation, the characters having personality. Even if Scot Summers is still wrong in his endeavour.

X-men on the other hand is still too early to tell with a new writer, only 3 issues in. Brian Wood's run was fantastic and I loved the new dynamic of a traditional team (irony there).

Yet, at the same time, I'm also reading Hickman's Avengers. The least Avengers book I've ever read. It's a mess. I read his issue 34.1, all about Hyperion, wasn't good. If I wanted to read Superman I'd be reading DC. His Avengers is nonsense most the time, his Original Sin tie in was 5 issues to say something that could be deduced in about 3 pages. The follow up issue was great because it played on this revelation yet it was instantly dropped again for some other bullcrap. Slight spoiler here, Sunspot bought AIM? What crap is that? AIM isn't on the stock market and is a criminal organisation. You don't just buy it, a joke.

Avengers are Earths Mightiest Heros and there is nothing Earthly about this team/book.

Then we've got SHIELD Starting again, with a Thor villain (as in a guy who can fight and beat Thor if he wanted) fighting a bunch of humans. :P

And obviously the Avenger 2 trailer which you are not going to mention any spoilers about are you? Else I'm likely to hunt you down...

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Captain American Falcon... Female Thor... Death of Wolverine (like for a year ..max)... Superior Iron Man... I don't know.. feels they kicked a lot of doors down just for stuff to have for in their movies.. it smells like Disney influence.. I won't be surprised if Black Widow will become one of the Disney Princesses

NiKKoM said:

Captain American Falcon... Female Thor... Death of Wolverine (like for a year ..max)... Superior Iron Man... I don't know.. feels they kicked a lot of doors down just for stuff to have for in their movies.. it smells like Disney influence.. I won't be surprised if Black Widow will become one of the Disney Princesses

Flacon being Cap is no different to when Clint Barton (Hawkeye) was for a few months after Caps death. Female Thor against because Thor isn't currently worthy but I've not read much into that plot as Valkyrie is a far more interesting character with history, whoever is this female Thor is supposed to be worthy and very few people are.

There is no way Disney are involved in recent plots, Avengers like Justice League? X-men being the bad guys and not using basic judgement to work out that Phoenix is bad.But they have done this lets put stuff in for the movies for years now, when X-men movie first came out the changed the logo which stood for 30 years and made the School into a school with loads of kids.

Hopefully this will pass after the writers get their act together and stop tying to make epic plot after epic plot and just get them back to basics.

On the Wolverine thing, I only know about that because of the comics covers recently but it's another throw away plot isn't it? Like Cap dieing or ageing, it will eb reversed, we all know this. Just like we all know one day, Xavier will come back alive (if I had my way he already would be).

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

There is no way Disney are involved in recent plots, Avengers like Justice League? X-men being the bad guys and not using basic judgement to work out that Phoenix is bad.But they have done this lets put stuff in for the movies for years now, when X-men movie first came out the changed the logo which stood for 30 years and made the School into a school with loads of kids.

Hopefully this will pass after the writers get their act together and stop tying to make epic plot after epic plot and just get them back to basics.

On the Wolverine thing, I only know about that because of the comics covers recently but it's another throw away plot isn't it? Like Cap dieing or ageing, it will eb reversed, we all know this. Just like we all know one day, Xavier will come back alive (if I had my way he already would be).

disney makes sure the franchises they don't have the movie rights to are being watered down.. No x-men toys for the new movie, no new mutants in the comics cause fox would immediatly get the movie rights, Fantastic Four is on life support cause they ain't worth much to disney.. We are getting guardians of the galaxy and the inhumans pushed forward in comics so they can be pushed as multi billion dollar movies.. They were like C no wait D characters before disney got them.. 

So having a black captain america and a female thor is definitly Disney pushing some buttons.. 

NiKKoM said:

disney makes sure the franchises they don't have the movie rights to are being watered down.. No x-men toys for the new movie, no new mutants in the comics cause fox would immediatly get the movie rights, Fantastic Four is on life support cause they ain't worth much to disney.. We are getting guardians of the galaxy and the inhumans pushed forward in comics so they can be pushed as multi billion dollar movies.. They were like C no wait D characters before disney got them.. 

So having a black captain america and a female thor is definitly Disney pushing some buttons.. 

No new mutants, not read Uncanny X-men recently? At least 4-5 new characters in the premier book. Shame Bendis went doolaly and also did a comic about the original X-men traveling through time...

It's a shame mutants are stuck with Fox as the entire modern Marvel Universe is built off them. Not sure what they are doing with Inhumans... infact in the comics there was a Terrigan Mists bomb and now a female thor... nearly 15 years after Earth X... hmm.

Sure Disney with have some day but if you go by the comics alone, it's very little. I know Spider-man's recent events after as crazy as old cap and Female thor but tThese franchises still make them money due to the contracts involved for the films.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
NiKKoM said:

No new mutants, not read Uncanny X-men recently? At least 4-5 new characters in the premier book. Shame Bendis went doolaly and also did a comic about the original X-men traveling through time...

It's a shame mutants are stuck with Fox as the entire modern Marvel Universe is built off them. Not sure what they are doing with Inhumans... infact in the comics there was a Terrigan Mists bomb and now a female thor... nearly 15 years after Earth X... hmm.

Sure Disney with have some day but if you go by the comics alone, it's very little. I know Spider-man's recent events after as crazy as old cap and Female thor but tThese franchises still make them money due to the contracts involved for the films.

Chris Claremont explained it earlier this month:

“I have to say quite honestly as I understand it now the X department is forbidden to create new characters.

(SHOCK RESPONSE)

“Well… who owns them?

“All because all new characters become the film property of Fox.

“There will be no X-Men merchandising for the foreseeable future because, why promote Fox material?”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/07/chris-claremont-on-why-x-men-writers-arent-allowed-to-create-new-characters-now/

Did you see the 75 years  marvel  stuff

Black Bolt, Rocket Raccoon, Falcon, Star-Lord but no Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch?

the new NOW! line up? We are getting an Ant-man comic, SHIELD comic..
You can already gues the next wave of new NOW! comics: Black Panther and Dr Strange..
the Disney infuence is huge.