By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your view on current Marvel Comics/Studios

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:

Chris Claremont explained it earlier this month:

“I have to say quite honestly as I understand it now the X department is forbidden to create new characters.

(SHOCK RESPONSE)

“Well… who owns them?

“All because all new characters become the film property of Fox.

“There will be no X-Men merchandising for the foreseeable future because, why promote Fox material?”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/07/chris-claremont-on-why-x-men-writers-arent-allowed-to-create-new-characters-now/

Did you see the 75 years  marvel  stuff

Black Bolt, Rocket Raccoon, Falcon, Star-Lord but no Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch?

the new NOW! line up? We are getting an Ant-man comic, SHIELD comic..
You can already gues the next wave of new NOW! comics: Black Panther and Dr Strange..
the Disney infuence is huge.

Hmm, seems odd then. Tempus, Triage, Goldballs, Benjamin Deeds, Hijack, these are all knew X-men created in the last year or so. Bendis has power though, yet it would explain why Bendis was allowed to do that awful New X-men book (no new characters but that doesn't mean they can't do rehash of old).

But while that 75 years thing is odd, I even hate the push Black Widow has got in the last few years and Hawkeye in his non-hawkeye costume, Spider-man is the one on the cover, another Fox property. The biggest money makers for Marvel are Spider-man and Wolverine whether the will deny it or not and Neither are under Disney control.

The sooner the film stuff ends the better. I'm currently playing through Lego Marvel Superheroes (which includes the X-men) and even now I'm annoyed at Nick Fury being black and them calling what should be the Cosmic Cube, the Tesseract.

Anyway, the thing is Fox only have control of the movies, not merchandise. They don't get money from games, toys, the comics, cartoons. If they do then nearly bankrupt Marvel really messed up.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

*BUMP*

I thought this might be rather fitting for what us Marvel comics fans are about to go through, please tell me what you think.

I think we are screwed.

EDIT: I wonder why this isn't being shown on the homepage as having a new post?... odd. Oh well, hope people see it.

Hmm, pie.