By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mischievously influencing sales

Sorry for the crappy title. But does anyone here try to influence sales at retailers in any way?

I do.

You know at some stores, they have a "New release" or "top 1, 2, 3, etc" section at games? I constantly remove the crappy games from that space and replace it with games like Zack and Wiki and Medal of Honor Heroes 2. You know, games that are good, but will probably sell like crap.

I'm also thinking about sneakingly sticking post-its on the shelfspaces with stuff like "buy Zack and Wiki!" written on them.

What have you done to influence sales? Maybe talking innocent costumers into buying a game you like? Putting crappy games behind the good ones? We wanna know!

Around the Network

lol. That's funny. but no, I do not. I waste my time here instead.

No ... usually, I'll stalk folks at my local Wal-Mart and tell them that the PS3 and Blu Ray are the second coming.

OT: No, I have a life and wouldn't do anything so petty. Thanks! Please pull forward ...

do you get paid to do all that? because frankly, if Customers ask me (working at bestbuy), i tell them what's good, but I don't go out of my way to promote anything, i don't get paid enough to promote one company.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
do you get paid to do all that? because frankly, if Customers ask me (working at bestbuy), i tell them what's good, but I don't go out of my way to promote anything, i don't get paid enough to promote one company.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I don't promote one company, I just try to help the sales of underrated games. I'd never try to influence sales of a game like Super Mario Galaxy or Halo 3, because those games are good and sell well, too.

Besides, it's more fooling around than anything else. You're taking it way too seriously.

Around the Network

Is it just me or is that pathetic??

>I just try to help the sales of underrated games.

well, those aren't underrated at all, it's just undersold.

I wouldn't mess around, it takes too much effort to say the least. If people ask me what's good on Wii, i'd tell them Z&W or Galaxy,

P.S. if you took my last post as sarcasm, no, i didn't mean it that way, I was simply asking if you are working for a specific company.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Chrizum said:

Sorry for the crappy title. But does anyone here try to influence sales at retailers in any way?

I do.

You know at some stores, they have a "New release" or "top 1, 2, 3, etc" section at games? I constantly remove the crappy games from that space and replace it with games like Zack and Wiki and Medal of Honor Heroes 2. You know, games that are good, but will probably sell like crap.

I'm also thinking about sneakingly sticking post-its on the shelfspaces with stuff like "buy Zack and Wiki!" written on them.

What have you done to influence sales? Maybe talking innocent costumers into buying a game you like? Putting crappy games behind the good ones? We wanna know!

thats pretty considerate of you, helping the customers and developers. 

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

I work in retail and people ask me all the time "what's the best game on so-and-so system" and I ask them what they like and try to recommend something good in that genre, so yes I influence people in my store often. I don't give my opinion if no one asks for it though, and I don't move things around in the store cause I'd be required to move them back to where they're supposed to be.

Some people on these boards try to make themselves look like they have a life by telling others they have no life.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.