By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is going to win this gen!

Tagged games:

Xbox One will win his gen?

No, you are crazy! 138 30.20%

PS4 for the Win! 211 46.17%

Nah it's the Wii U who will win this gen! 41 8.97%

Definitely the Xbox One! 67 14.66%

Total:457
Vasto said:
Nintendo 1st, Microsoft 2nd and Sony 3rd. Thats last gen.

How?  Every gen the winner is determined by who sold the most units, don't try to change it this gen to make your favorite console look better.

OT: Doubtful but anything could happen.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
XBOne would need something drastic and unexpected to come along to win. Its price is far too high, and it doesn't have the XB360 advantage of launching early. Objectively one would say Wii U would be the favorite due to the early launch and lowest price, as well as being the follow up to the market leader. But PS4 has the benefit of late-gen PS3 momentum (due to the unprecedented mid-gen switch of gamers from Wii to PS360), very strong third party support and the most power, while being priced well under XBOne. I see gamers flocking either to PS4 or Wii U due to their respective strengths, but XBOne is offering nothing other than existing 360 owners being able to keep their accounts. The One will need a $100 price cut within its first year just to match its main competition and stay relevant in the market. I see MS dramatically losing market share in the US, and not gaining any elsewhere. Most likely a distant 3rd place finish for One without a major shake up.

Your analysis seem to be pretty good but we never know! To be honest I would rather have the Wii U dominating but I think that at this point it's difficult .

I don't really see the Wii U dominating under any scenario because I think Sony has a strong following and PS4 is going to be a solid system.  I could, however see it being a market leader, and the system's 2013 struggles to date doesn't make it any more or less likely to be the market leader at this stage.  The key will be which one attracts the mainstream public - not the rabbid fans - and with the PS4 yet to launch and Wii U yet to get any good games, we really don't know where the average person will lean.  We'll have a good view in 6-12 months time

TheLastStarFighter said:

I don't really see the Wii U dominating under any scenario because I think Sony has a strong following and PS4 is going to be a solid system.  I could, however see it being a market leader, and the system's 2013 struggles to date doesn't make it any more or less likely to be the market leader at this stage.  The key will be which one attracts the mainstream public - not the rabbid fans - and with the PS4 yet to launch and Wii U yet to get any good games, we really don't know where the average person will lean.  We'll have a good view in 6-12 months time

Let's hope the Wii U fortunes changes, at least they alwyas have the 3DS I guess...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Guys, I know the PS3 did not have the same level of success as the PS2 but people are forgetting (again) that 150+ million by the PS2 is sales for over a decade. The PS3 only currently has 7-8 years under its belt. Not saying the PS3 is ever going to reach PS2 numbers, hell no but at the very least use the year to year comparison and not the entire LTD numbers.

Anfebious said:

Think about it! Do you guys know of the fable of the hare and the tortoise? No? Ok! I'll tell you! There was a hare one day, it was a really arrogant hare! He could run very fast and he challenged the poor tortoise to a race to see who was better. The tortoise accepted and at the next day he presented himself for the race. The race began and the hare went full speed ahead to the finish line! But before he reached there he decided it would be too easy and he decided to go take a nap. What could happen? The tortoise was too slow to ever catch it up. The hare slept like a log and after a couple of hours he woke up. It was already night time and the Tortoise... was at the finish line... The tortoise won! What is the moral of the story?

You probably heard of it but I put it there for people who never heard of it.The retelling is not exactly faithful to the original but that is what I remember.

Anyway why did I talk about it? Because it has a lot to do with this current generation. Imagine if the PS4 is the hare and the tortoise is the Xbox One. The PS4 is going to be awesome but some people are already saying it's the winner. So... what if the Tortoise wins this time? What if the Xbox One (Or the Wii U, but that is less probable) won? I think the Xbox One could give us a BIG surprise and end up being the top console this generation.

Your whole thread and reasoning is based on one dumb tale you tried to tell us, thats really stupid. Disregard the price advantage, the power difference, the momentum PS4 has, the markets Sony is usually dominating, disregard everything and tell us one dumb ass story on why you think the Bone is gonna win this gen.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Around the Network

Tortoise vs the Hare.

Microsoft's inability to compete in Japan is what's going to keep them from the top spot. They might still beat PS4 in NA, but Sony should win in Europe. Microsoft could win if the Kinect becomes a huge selling point, but there seems to be a lot of negative stigma surrounding it. Overall, it's not looking likely. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Turkish said:

Your whole thread and reasoning is based on one dumb tale you tried to tell us, thats really stupid. Disregard the price advantage, the power difference, the momentum PS4 has, the markets Sony is usually dominating, disregard everything and tell us one dumb ass story on why you think the Bone is gonna win this gen.

Thanks for wasting my time.

I would appreciate if you where a little bit more respectful I'm not insulting you. I am not using the fable as a basis, I am using it's moral. It's just a possibility, I think you should try to relax a little and respect others opinion.

Btw you wasted that time yourself by replying to this thread. You don't like it? Don't post unless this really is affecting you in an emotional level. In which case I am sorry I didn't know you where so sensible.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious, your threads are gradually becoming more and more ridiculous :P

Your story is an interesting one but the reason Sony came back was games and more games. Microsoft does not have enough studios for that and I doubt they will continue to spend the hundreds of millions needed to buy exclusives. Also where is the extra built in value. The PS3 had a built in bluray player and free internet.