By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Dead Rising 3

Yeah, the game is trash.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

I'm having a lot of fun reading through some comments of people who never intended in purchasing this game. In fact I haven't seen Dead Rising 3 so discussed. Not even the oficial thread (made by moi, by the way ) had so many replies!

Guess Dead Rising is becoming popular among vgcharterz, which is a good thing!

You really can't make a call like that, because you just don't know who intended to buy what, no matter what you get out of an internet forum. The bottom line is the game has issues. It needed more time to cook. Point blank (and this is coming from someone that owns all of the Dead Rising games).

As a launch title, one that is a deciding factor for many in choosing an X1 over the PS4, this may be a real let down. 

All games have issues. They should have ironed the most obvious ones, like less than 30fps, I'll give you that one. 1080p would have also been a great addition.

But you can tell who's intended to buy something, sometimes. You can also tell who wasn't going to do it in the first place.

Wright said:
CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

I'm having a lot of fun reading through some comments of people who never intended in purchasing this game. In fact I haven't seen Dead Rising 3 so discussed. Not even the oficial thread (made by moi, by the way ) had so many replies!

Guess Dead Rising is becoming popular among vgcharterz, which is a good thing!

You really can't make a call like that, because you just don't know who intended to buy what, no matter what you get out of an internet forum. The bottom line is the game has issues. It needed more time to cook. Point blank (and this is coming from someone that owns all of the Dead Rising games).

As a launch title, one that is a deciding factor for many in choosing an X1 over the PS4, this may be a real let down. 

All games have issues. They should have ironed the most obvious ones, like less than 30fps, I'll give you that one. 1080p would have also been a great addition.

But you can tell who's intended to buy something, sometimes. You can also tell who wasn't going to do it in the first place.

Do you really need to intend to buy something to have an unbiased view of it, or permission to comment on it?, I have seen you comment on games you clearly never intend to buy, im sure all of us here have walked through a supermarket at some point, made a judgement call on something and not bought it, or picked it up and said "that looks like it tastes gross", having no intention to buy it or try it.

if anything someone who doesnt intent to buy is no more biased than someone who will buy it. as the person buying it is just as likely to defend it to a fault than the person not buying, be critical of it to a fault.

Until anyone actually owns it we are all making jusgement calls based off of what we see, in that sense wether or not any of us intended to buy it has no bearing what so ever on who is or is not allowed to comment.

with that in mind, what we see here is "people that dont intend to buy it in the first place" being used to explain away the negetivity in these comments, because its easier to assume "theyre just haters" than deal with the reality of the game just generally being badly made.

Frequency said:

I have seen you comment on games you clearly never intend to buy

Start giving names of those games.

Wright said:
Frequency said:

Every game for every game thread that you have posted in but, to date, not bought, because you know, we as fellow posters know in details which games you have and plan to buy specifically, i suggest you read in to the irony, it will help you.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
Wright said:
Frequency said:

Every game for every game thread that you have posted in but, to date, not bought, because you know, we as fellow posters know in details which games you have and plan to buy specifically, i suggest you read in to the irony, it will help you.

So I have not bought any game of any game thread I have posted in?

Wright said:

But have you bought ALL of the games for threads you have posted in?

Frequency said:
Wright said:

No, no, you're missing the point. You should be asking, "have you bought all of the games you clearly intend to buy for the threads you have posted in?" which is yes. Not necesarily at that moment, but eventually.

I also comment on games I won't buy but I have tried, or intend to try. That's why you'll never see me critisizing a game if I haven't played it before, or if I wasn't going to play it. People in this thread has the right to criticise the game, but for some people is more bashing that proper critisizing, so you get where I'm going.

Wright said:
Frequency said:
Wright said:

No, no, you're missing the point. You should be asking, "have you bought all of the games you clearly intend to buy for the threads you have posted in?" which is yes. Not necesarily at that moment, but eventually.

I also comment on games I won't buy but I have tried, or intend to try. That's why you'll never see me critisizing a game if I haven't played it before, or if I wasn't going to play it. People in this thread has the right to criticise the game, but for some people is more bashing that proper critisizing, so you get where I'm going.

Things like very problematic framerates and texture pop in are extremely obvious to anyone, regardless of their intent to buy, that is my point, wether or not someone is actually going to buy this game does not change the severity of said games problems.

Frequency said:

Things like very problematic framerates and texture pop in are extremely obvious to anyone, regardless of their intent to buy, that is my point, wether or not someone is actually going to buy this game does not change the severity of said games problems.

...but people who wasn't interested in this game from the very beginning are bashing it. I'm not saying they can't critisize it, but of course. But they're bashing it. Just for the sake of it.