By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come devs aren't gimping the PS4 multiplats to meet parity with Xbone?

I would have thought they would based on historical console multiplats. However, I obviously didn't consider the wide range of flexibility in scaling new development kits offer companies.

Basically they can produce it to max PC levels and relatively easily scale down. Thus this gen we'll see PC to PS4 to XB1 to WiiU all on same build with obvious differences in final product.

Around the Network

There are so much difference to try to meet parity.

To be fair I'm sure the multiplat devs are using more time with the Xbone version than PS4.

To be fair, scaling issues like resolution and FPS are decided very late and after most of the work has been done. They can scale up or down relative to the platform very easily. Design issues, on the other hand, will be decided based on the lowest common denominator. They won't come out with a Battlefield 5, for example, that will not work on the XO, even if it could work on the PS4. It's not going to happen. In that regard, there absolutely is a situation that demands parity.

They are making a superior version for the PC anyway, so can use the better assets on the PS4, since they are made either way. XO gets what it can run, while PS4 gets the better stuff, cause it can run it. I am happy that this is taking place and that devs aren't gimping their PS4 games just because MS made a weaker console. I hope PS4 games will sell better accordingly, so that they keep having motivation to give us better games.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

last gen MS policy force parity. either same this gen and devs cant do it (lol) or not same agreement.

Around the Network
realgamer said:
ViktorBKK said:
realgamer said:
Turkish said:
The next games to be better on PS4:
AC4
NFS (Marcus Beer confirmed this)
Watch Dogs
Destiny
The Division
etc
Basically any non sports or race game

Have u got any proof ? 

Let's not forget COD: Ghosts and BF4.  And realgamer what more proof do you need, screens are out. Xbone has weak GPU and slow memory.

Bf4 looks so much better on Xbox one Sony supporters always got something this generation was power of the cell and it's gpu lol

BF4 looks better on Xbone @ 720p? Take off the fanboy glasses. I don't support any company, I only support my wallet. Xbox 360 hardware was superior to PS3 in every aspect. More appropriate CPU for games, single memory pool instead of two smaller ones, stronger GPU with unified shaders that the PS3 didn't have. But now the tables have turned, so get on with the times.

the ps4 versions do u look, but not that huge of a amount and it has been reported that alot of the multiplat games were 720p on the xbone , because its harder to develop for and its kits were changing at a pace that the ps4 kits werent.
in time the xbone versions will look better than they are now, just like the ps3 versions last gen. they got better as time went on, same thing apply's here as well.
people just need to play the games on there system of choice and enjoy the game, in the end playing the game and having fun is all the truly matters. but for alot of ppl this simple notion ,gets lost alot in conversations.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

theprof00 said:
Because Nintendo paid devs to make sure that xbone games were on par with wiiU versions.

The truth has been revealed people. It seems we have an insider source right here.