By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come devs aren't gimping the PS4 multiplats to meet parity with Xbone?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Since the consoles are so similar and its easy for the devs to increase the preformance of one I don't see any reason why they would gimp one version because they would use the surperior version for marketing to show how good the game looks.

thats why they always use the pc version.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
The next games to be better on PS4:
AC4
NFS (Marcus Beer confirmed this)
Watch Dogs
Destiny
The Division
etc
Basically any non sports or race game

Have u got any proof ? 

realgamer said:
Turkish said:
AC4
Watch Dogs
Destiny
The Division
etc

Have u got any proof ? 

Let's not forget COD: Ghosts and BF4.  And realgamer what more proof do you need, screens are out. Xbone has weak GPU and slow memory.

cbarroso09 said:
gimping? no no, that is exclusive to Wii U

Winning! 

I think conspirator might have conspired too much with this one. I doubt any dev will keep quiet if their pubisher was making  a back-hand deal like this one without their consent. No dev likes to see the love child of their hardwork, vision and labour gimped down over some worthless cash(comparatively). 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

It's clearly a conspiracy created by Sony. they are trying to get the media, developers and consumers to rebel against Microsoft and Nintendo to get them out of the console race. With those two out of the way, the only system will be the PS4 and people will game on a PC or a PS4.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
It's clearly a conspiracy created by Sony. they are trying to get the media, developers and consumers to rebel against Microsoft and Nintendo to get them out of the console race. With those two out of the way, the only system will be the PS4 and people will game on a PC or a PS4.

Based Sony, doing Valve's job of killing the console peasant race for them :^)

ViktorBKK said:
realgamer said:
Turkish said:
AC4
Watch Dogs
Destiny
The Division
etc

Have u got any proof ? 

Let's not forget COD: Ghosts and BF4.  And realgamer what more proof do you need, screens are out. Xbone has weak GPU and slow memory.

Bf4 looks so much better on Xbox one Sony supporters always got something this generation was power of the cell and it's gpu lol

Panama said:
Anfebious said:

Based Sony, doing Valve's job of killing the console peasant race for them :^)

And then Valve will kill Sony. The world will be PC only, the end of console gaming as we know it. It begins...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

FrancisNobleman said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Since the consoles are so similar and its easy for the devs to increase the preformance of one I don't see any reason why they would gimp one version because they would use the surperior version for marketing to show how good the game looks.

thats why they always use the pc version.

Some games don't have PC versions and of the ones that do some don't maxamize the game to fit PC they just port it over from the most powerful console version.  Actually I'd say most games are just ported console versions on the PC.

Because Nintendo paid devs to make sure that xbone games were on par with wiiU versions.