By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 remote play does different views. Exactly like Wii U with COD

curl-6 said:
Osc89 said:
curl-6 said:

But when you pay $300 less in Wii U, you get all the exclusives neither Xbone One nor PS4 can offer.

To get the best of both worlds game wise you have to buy two consoles anyway.

If you just want second screen gaming, it's still a $300 difference.

You can also get second screen gaming with PS3 + Vita, PS3 + PSP, or even GameCube + GBA + Link Cable. No use in thinking they are all equivalent with the only difference being price.

The feature in question is splitscreen with one on the Gamepad/Vita and the other taking up the entire main screen. Does Gamecube + GBA or PSP + PS3 do that?

I'm sure the GameCube + GBA did. The PSP was very limited when it came to the asymmetric aspect, but they did have some. I don't know if it ever gave the second player their own screen though. But my point is they are all different, with different strengths and weakness.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network

Good feature but I doubt people will start buying Vita's just to have that.

gatito said:
Lawlight said:
aikohualda said:
Lawlight said:
Roma said:
amazing and original

waytago Sony proving your inventiveness once again!

I think you mean Nintendo. Lol, they tried to copy the PSP's remote play.

tey tried to copy gameboy advance and gamecube :/ gaming history much?

I don't think anyone owned the gamecube so hard to copy something that no one has... But seriously, it's funny how Nintendo didn't bother with it until Sony showed what can be done with it.

Only 22 million people, that's a number the Vita will never reach.

Still higher than the Wii U V_V

Scisca said:

I think it's ridiculous that the only people here saying that remote play on Wii U is a gimmick are Nintendo fans. Are you guys so used to being defensive, that in a case of a lack of an attack, you need to kick yourself in the face on your own?

This thread is about a PS4+PSV combo. We will get the same awesome feature that Wii U has with the games we like. What is your problem? What are you b*tching about so much? We all know Wii U does this, it's even in the thread's title, but this is a thread about PSV/PS4, so keep your Nintendo artefacts outside of it. Sheesh...

It's fans exacting revenge calling out the hypocrisy of the site. The gamepad has been called a terrible controller and a gimmick by certain individuals of a  fanbase (admittedly the usual culprits have not posted here yet) for the entire year, suddenly when sony does remote play it gets praise. 

This is where the beef is. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass, I am here for the good read.

gatito said:
Lawlight said:
aikohualda said:
Lawlight said:
Roma said:
amazing and original

waytago Sony proving your inventiveness once again!

I think you mean Nintendo. Lol, they tried to copy the PSP's remote play.

tey tried to copy gameboy advance and gamecube :/ gaming history much?

I don't think anyone owned the gamecube so hard to copy something that no one has... But seriously, it's funny how Nintendo didn't bother with it until Sony showed what can be done with it.

Only 22 million people, that's a number the Vita will never reach.

I'm willing to bet that Vita will do at least 25M units  

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

MEGATON

Is this picture directly related?  I ask because the Vita user is already in a game and the console player is on a loading screen.  That doesn't sound like a scenario that would happen with real asymmetrical multiplayer gameplay.  This looks like 2 separate game sessions.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

the_dengle said:
Exactly like the Wii U, for double the cost? Is either part of that worth bragging about?

Hahahahaha! Yeah a PS4 + Vita has no advantages over the Wii U /s

Viper1 said:
JoeTheBro said:

MEGATON

Is this picture directly related?  I ask because the Vita user is already in a game and the console player is on a loading screen.  That doesn't sound like a scenario that would happen with real asymmetrical multiplayer gameplay.  This looks like 2 separate game sessions.

Yeah Greg is probably confused. I just copied the info from the gaf thread.

JoeTheBro said:
Viper1 said:

Probably best to remove the pic or contact Greg and ask him for a pic that depicts the situation better.   Having 2 separate game sessions being played contradicts what he said, rather than complements it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Viper1 said:

Probably best to remove the pic or contact Greg and ask him for a pic that depicts the situation better.   Having 2 separate game sessions being played contradicts what he said, rather than complements it.

The pic is related.