By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
S.T.A.G.E. said:
F0X said:

The character models in Ryse look fantastic, I agree. That's the only leg up on Killzone I can percieve. Art design may be subjective, but what I've seen of Ryse has been sorely disappointing. >:( Why bother with detailed textures when everything is going to look so samey?

An impressive vista like this deserves much more than fifty shades of grey and similarly muted colors.

Lets just say Crytek and call it a day then. LOL

This is what I've come to expect from, say, Epic Games. :P Crysis 3 looked fine.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

more GAMEPLAY screen shots!

bananaking21 said:

Dat Triforce.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

They both look good, but one is 1080p, the other isn't. Enjoy your opinions...

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:

Are you saying that for sure as in you read that somewhere where GG specifically said that or are you assuming it?

If you are assumming it then what im saying is that resolution/FPS doesnt always need to be sacrificed to get the best picture. In order to get the best picture devs need to find a balance between textures/effects/lighting/draw distance/resolution/FPS/animations etc. Whatever they feel is the best for their game.

Dropping resolution in Killzone would probably be the last thing GG would want to do. Its the easiest way to get a cleaner/crisper image. When im playing games on my PC native resolution is the last thing i drop. Because it has one of the biggest impacts on the visuals.

Obviously they can push visuals only so far if they want achieve their resolution and frame rate goals. They build around what the PS4 is capable of, or atleast what the developers are capable of at the moment.

MS said the next Halo will be 1080p and 60 fps. So those must be important goals for them. But If they want to achieve that, they have to put a cap on the visual quality. We shouldn't expect the best graphics the hardware can push with that resolution and fps.

In the future, I believe the best looking 8th gen games will probably be 720p and 30 fps. Much like the best looking 7th gen games are around 720p and 30 fps.

To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft only said Halo 5 was 60fps. Didn't mention a resolution.

Also on the PS4 side, 1080p is staying the norm. Battlefield's 900p will be the exception, even years down the road.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

vs.

whatever makes you happy though.

You're showcasing the best Ryse picture you could have found on Google with an average one from KillZone. It is false and does not prove your point, quite the opposite actually. Want to see what i mean? Here;

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:

Are you saying that for sure as in you read that somewhere where GG specifically said that or are you assuming it?

If you are assumming it then what im saying is that resolution/FPS doesnt always need to be sacrificed to get the best picture. In order to get the best picture devs need to find a balance between textures/effects/lighting/draw distance/resolution/FPS/animations etc. Whatever they feel is the best for their game.

Dropping resolution in Killzone would probably be the last thing GG would want to do. Its the easiest way to get a cleaner/crisper image. When im playing games on my PC native resolution is the last thing i drop. Because it has one of the biggest impacts on the visuals.

Obviously they can push visuals only so far if they want achieve their resolution and frame rate goals. They build around what the PS4 is capable of, or atleast what the developers are capable of at the moment.

MS said the next Halo will be 1080p and 60 fps. So those must be important goals for them. But If they want to achieve that, they have to put a cap on the visual quality. We shouldn't expect the best graphics the hardware can push with that resolution and fps.

In the future, I believe the best looking 8th gen games will probably be 720p and 30 fps. Much like the best looking 7th gen games are around 720p and 30 fps.

I'm not sure why but you seem to think theres some sort of inherent trade off between resolution and graphical fidelity. Depending on your hardware that might not be the case.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

TheBlackNaruto said:
fatslob-:O said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

He is actually a PC guy I am not mistaken just throwing that out there(still being kind of silly saying it looks a** that's just silly and shows he is just trying to start some crap lol)

And the native 1080p 60 FPS doesn't mean it will always look better so that is kind of a cheap shot as well.

Last point it just seems like you are taking chearp shots instead of discussing the question at hand.

He ain't anything like a PC guy I can assure you that from my observations.

So is he a Nintendo guy then? I also saw a post from him saying Forza looks like crap...or is he just trolling and trying to get people worked up? I don't get it....

@Bold That's the most probable seeing as how I've rarely seen him kick nintendo down and or criticize them or even do these things altogether. Alot of the comments pretty much make him out to be an apologist for nintendo. 

He's pretty much shitting on everthing else that AIN'T nintendo so yeah I do think he's trying to start up a flame war. 

TheBlackNaruto said:

He ain't anything like a PC guy I can assure you that from my observations.

So is he a Nintendo guy then? I also saw a post from him saying Forza looks like crap...or is he just trolling and trying to get people worked up? I don't get it....

@Bold That's the most probable seeing as how I've rarely seen him kick nintendo down and or criticize them or even do these things altogether. Alot of the comments pretty much make him out to be an apologist for nintendo. 

He's pretty much shitting on everthing else that AIN'T nintendo so yeah I do think he's trying to start up a flame war. 

Thanks for the info that just means I will just avoid his posts like that all together!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

bananaking21 said:

Killzone wins based on these.

It really depends on what screens and videos you put up. This thread is impossible to answer until they release :>

EDIT: Jesus christ that last KZ shot is from MP too xD