By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming media (IGN) covering for Xbox one.

Dark_Feanor said:
I think Sony fans are starting the "denial fase" when major and serious tech sites are giving their analises and the PS4 massacre isn´t showing up.

another one for you to enjoy.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/the-xbox-one-and-ps4-share-similar-specs-but-the-devils-in-the-details/2/

Interesting enough Sony´s stoped counting the preorders at 1,5mi, almost 2 months ago. So, what happened?Why we haven´t see any real UI footage? Why reviewers can only test the system at controled environments? Where are PS4 billboards?

Sony isn't Mircosoft y'know.    

Around the Network

Peas!

yvanjean said:
Izo said:

Alot of people have been saying that gaming journalist are intentionally ignoring the difference between the Xbox One and PS4 to downplay their differences. 

In this video from IGN they do a comparison in which "We'd love to say one system is clearly more powerful than the other, but nope it doesn't work that way" is said. They then proceed to make a list that vaguely tries to paint them as equals (Custom AMD GPU WTF?) 

This is getting absolutely ridiculous  How are these Microsoft damage controlling news sites allowed to get away with this? 

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/08/ps4-vs-xbox-one-console-specs

(Can somone embed the video for me, thanks)

Spoken like a true Fan Boy! The PS4 is the more powerful gaming device in terms of raw power. But, in reality the difference is negligable. Exclusive games are going to look amazing on which ever console you decide to buy. If the trend from previous generation continues it won't matter which console is stronger in term of power because it's easier to just use the specs from the weaker consoles. 

So much buzz as been made about Xbox One not being able to match PS4 in terms of 1080P, but in reallity we're comparing one HD image with another HD Image.... it's not like comparing a SDTV to an HDTV. Xbox One and PS4 both look amazing.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/720p-vs-1080p-can-you-tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/

I'd be more concern if I was buying an PS4, Sony is doing nothing really to advance gaming experience it's the same old games with upgraded graphic being played on the PS4. PS4 eye will be mostly un-used since it was removed from the Ps4 bundle and until sony realease the VR headset the experience is going to be the same as it been for the last 7 years on PS3.

Microsoft is enhancing the entertainment with first matching Sony by finally offering a blu-ray player, enhancing the way we watch TV, best way to skype using the Kinect 2.0. Microsoft is trully offering a next generation of gaming with improved graphic and Kinect 2.0.

Playstation 4 is offering an upgrade version of the PS3 for $399 that will push the graphic capacity, while Xbox One is offering you a next generation of entertainment and gaming for $499.  

This thread is about the gaming media trying to intentionally hide the differences between the two consoles. Which they are. You can feel whatever you want about me but anyone that doesn't see what IGN is trying to do here needs to go back and watch the video again. 

"Hai guys were not teh biased but they both have CUSTOM AMD GPUS"

Izo there no conspiracy to push the Xbox One. PS4 is simply a slightly more powerful machine then Xbox One. It's the same as last generation when comparing multi-platform game on PS3 and Xbox360 which version was better.

If you truly want a difference then compare the PS4 to a WiiU, if the gaming media were pushing that there a negligible difference between the two consoles then you would have a valid point to make.

Question: Which version of GTAV is better PS3 or Xbox360?

Answer: it doesn't matter they both great game that score 97.

Which is what the gaming media is claiming about PS4 vs Xbox One.

That was a good informative video. Do you want Ign to shit on the xbox one?

Around the Network

Just like anything, someones perception of something is very subjective. Being upset that they have a different opinion than yours, only proves that you have focused your attention on what matters to you personally. You have not had time to use both consoles, therefore you can only pick what seems obvious to you without their knowledge.

It is near the end of the end....

Mad55 said:

Which part was informative? The custom AMD GPU or the factually incorrect information on the comparision chart at the end. 

yvanjean said:
Izo said:

Alot of people have been saying that gaming journalist are intentionally ignoring the difference between the Xbox One and PS4 to downplay their differences. 

In this video from IGN they do a comparison in which "We'd love to say one system is clearly more powerful than the other, but nope it doesn't work that way" is said. They then proceed to make a list that vaguely tries to paint them as equals (Custom AMD GPU WTF?) 

This is getting absolutely ridiculous  How are these Microsoft damage controlling news sites allowed to get away with this? 

The PS4 is the more powerful gaming device in terms of raw power. But, in reality the difference is negligable.

Microsoft is enhancing the entertainment with first matching Sony by finally offering a blu-ray player, enhancing the way we watch TV, best way to skype using the Kinect 2.0. Microsoft is trully offering a next generation of gaming with improved graphic and Kinect 2.0.

Playstation 4 is offering an upgrade version of the PS3 for $399 that will push the graphic capacity, while Xbox One is offering you a next generation of entertainment and gaming for $499.  

Do you work for Microsoft's PR team? Because that's some fine defense right there. Not like Xbox's actual PR.

Figgycal said:
yvanjean said:
Izo said:

The PS4 is the more powerful gaming device in terms of raw power. But, in reality the difference is negligable.

Do you work for Microsoft's PR team?

I'm actually a Nintendo Fan boy, debating which console I should get between PS4 and Xbox One (bias toward Microsoft having own a Xbox 360 for 6 years and only own a PS3 for 3 months)

Izo said:
Mad55 said:

Which part was informative? The custom AMD GPU or the factually incorrect information on the comparision chart at the end. 

The specs talk was mildly interesing i knew most of that stuff, but my friend who watched it as well didnt know and he plans to get both pretty soon. Though the specs dont matter much to him, he was still glad he watched from what he said. And yea I think they gt the bluetooth wrong for the xbox one and they called the ps3's gddr5 um ddr5, but those are simple mistakes.