By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC: The "Eye for an Eye" attitude

These holier then though threads are awfully quite obnoxious too. Practice what you preach and then we'll chat.

Around the Network

FFS, I think a lot of people need to get some thicker skin. These are the console wars. They're supposed to be crazy and people are supposed to push each other's buttons. The PS4 and XB1 are going to be here before we know it, so if things aren't a bit contentious here, I would find it quite disappointing.

MontanaHatchet said:
FFS, I think a lot of people need to get some thicker skin. These are the console wars. They're supposed to be crazy and people are supposed to push each other's buttons. The PS4 and XB1 are going to be here before we know it, so if things aren't a bit contentious here, I would find it quite disappointing.

I agree. I don't know why some people get so upset and bent out of shape because someone doesn't like something.

It is as if people expect if a thread pops up showing gameplay for a title and someone did not like what they saw then that person should not post.

Why not?

Some people need to seriously toughen up and stop being so damn emotional about consoles and video games. Even more so they need to stop telling others what they or shouldn't do and how they should act. That is absolutely obnoxious.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Cj2i3 said:
These holier then though threads are awfully quiet obnoxious too. Practice what you preach and then we'll chat.

QFT!

Cj2i3 said:
These holier then though threads are awfully quiet obnoxious too. Practice what you preach and then we'll chat.

Yes Jay is very biased, but you don't see him flaming the other consoles or trying to convert people to xbox. I'm pretty sure he is practicing what he's preaching.

Around the Network

Need a tougher skin. It's just the internet.

MontanaHatchet said:

Yep...

Post more, Montana!

Xen said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Yep...

Post more, Montana!

I'll post more if I can get a proper babysitter. Until then, it will be quite sporadic.

JoeTheBro said:
Cj2i3 said:

Yes Jay is very biased, but you don't see him flaming the other consoles or trying to convert people to xbox. I'm pretty sure he is practicing what he's preaching.

It's not even that. His advices are good.

Cj2i3 comment is just like people replying back to doctors telling them to stop smoking: "You stop smoking then I'll do my part".

It is cool to discuss preferred consoles features but it's ridiculous and childish the way most of the time is presented here.

Some threads are purposely made to ridicularize a plastic box and its aficionados. They're made with the intention of "make you feel bad", that's when I step in to call out those juvenile behaviors.

Slade6alpha said:

I'm new to this site, but I've definitely seen more of it recently and I can see it getting worse this upcoming gen. The fanboy wars will never change, or go away. It's part of the Internet ecosystem. Compared to other sites like IGN, Youtube, N4G, etc. This place is the most rational, that's why I like coming here. I feel, for the most part, I can engage others in thoughtful discussion about games, see passionate gamers without seeing complete fanboy GIFS, or hatred.

Yeah, I agree.  People do argue here, of course, but it's still one of the more rational places for gaming discussion.  Those who can't be civil get culled out pretty quickly.  The mod team does a good job with that.  This is just the way it's going to be when systems launch one after another.  Rumor and speculation are all over the place.  Quite honestly, it beats having nothing to talk about.  Last year, people were complaining that the forums had gotten boring.