By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DS4 Stick Problem Update: GAFers Are Reporting Similar Issues

Praise has been so far unanimous on DualShock 4, the controller prepared by Sony for PlayStation 4, and I can testify to that, having tried it at Gamescom. However, some concerning reports are appearing on the Internet: a Reddit user is claiming that his DualShock 4 has had its sticks worn down to plastic in just a couple weeks. He included this picture for proof

There is a more reputable source who talked about it as well. In their PS4 Hands-on video, one of the members of Official PlayStation Magazine staff briefly complained about the same thing. Of course, it could still be a particular issue with these two models, and obviously a new DualShock 4 will be covered by warranty, but still, it would be an unpleasant occurrence to say the least if this issue was widespread.

Anyway, we’ll all find out soon enough as PlayStation 4 is releasing next Friday in North America, and in three weeks in Europe.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11/08/dualshock-4-might-stick-problem

Update follow the thread multiple gaf users reporting similar issues after 2 weeks of use http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160

Play Me

Around the Network

maybe they used softer rubber? I've still not worn that on any of my ps2 controllers...

Well that sucks. Hopefully it's an isolated incident.

Isn't GAF Sony owned? I swear you'd think that, the way some are behaving!

We'll see in a couple of days if this is a more common issue or just an incident.

Been using mine for 2 weeks with no issues so far. Will report back if it happens though

Around the Network

I've been using mine for a wee bit longer than you but haven't had this occur. Then again my PS3 sticks are still in perfect condition. I believe it has to do with humidity.

It has to do with the type of user you are. I destroy left sticks. but some of those photos it looks like they were digging in them with their nails.

Ah, so close to being perfect. Hopefully I don't suffer from the same issue.

Well, maybe if people would stop trying to have sex with it... It wouldn't look so abused... I know the DS4's analog sticks feels like nipples from the right angle but come on guys...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Those users must have rock hard skin. Wow.