By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario 3D world is only around 8 hours long?

Well as the others said.. he rushed through the levels...

Reviewers from NeoGAF said this: "I won’t spoil anything, but anyone who has played 3D Land, knows that finishing the game is really not finishing it at all. That’s all I can say.
It’s a lot longer than 8 hours, folks. I can’t really say much more than that, but don’t worry."

Seems like there are going to be the special-worlds again ;)

Around the Network

I don't remember Super Mario Galaxy being much longer if you just rush through it. The easy difficulty has me concerned though. Challenge is what keeps me coming back to platformers like Super Meat Boy and Rayman Origins.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

good that means it's about 15h

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

LilChicken22 said:
Did he complete everything? I completed Mario Galaxy story within 8 hours also. The extra levels/collectables were keeping me quite busy.

You must have rushed through it then, takes the average person 15+ hrs

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9377

what if you dont care about getting all the collectibles? I know we care about getting bang for our buck but if the game is fun enough it wouldnt matter. Hell it didnt even take me close to 8 hours to beat 3dland and im on my 2nd playthrough, maybe world will pull a Luigi/SoTN and have a B side so to speak

Around the Network

I finished 3d land for the first time in 3 hours.
3 times longer! great!
spent other 30 hours and couldnt finish 100% yet.

Why would someone rush through a Mario game... -__-

The point of these games is to uncover every secrets, stars, secret levels, etc... That's where the length and challenges reside.

It's not like most games where you rush to see the story.

Isn't that pretty normal for a Mario game? As others have said, it's all about the secrets and such that are scattered around the various Mario worlds that make those games feel so long. Even if the main storyline is short, there's plenty more that'll keep you busy.

Hmm

Hynad said:
Why would someone rush through a Mario game... -__-

The point of these games is to uncover every secrets, starts, secret levels, etc... That's where the length and challenges reside.

It's not like most games where you rush to see the story.

cause some people dont care about getting 100% completion

A completionist like myself will spend countless hours on this game looking for all the secrets and star coins. Throw in multiplayer and that can add anything up to 100 hours if you have competitive family or friends. Then it will be played through countless times as Nintendo games are keepers and not currency towards a new game. Value for money? you bet!