By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another fresh batch of Mario 3D World screens!

They've really sold me on this game. Why did they pick such basic content for the announcement trailer when the game itself is actually really wacky and fresh? Anyways will pick this up at some point in 2014 alongside the Wii U.

Around the Network

amazing pics!!

I dont understand why they didn't make Donky Kong Returns and New Super Mario Bros U graphics look like this

I really can't wait to play this

Can't sleep... clown'll eat me...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Gehirnkrampf said:
i like the graphics, i hate the narrow environments. i hope they bring a mario game that's more like mario 64.

Yeah, I miss Mario 64 and Sunshine's huge world, too. But I have to admit, narrow environment (which appear a lot in  Mario Galaxy 1 as well) seem to work better for a platformer like Mario.

... But that maybe because I never played Galaxy 2 and 3D land so these narrow level designs will still be fresh for me.

Nintendo should definitely make another platforming genre game that has an open world like Mario 64 and Sunshine, though.

Around the Network

I like the roundness of everything.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

They sure do seem to be stuffing this game with as many different power up, enemy and level ideas as possible. Which is GOOD. It seriously has so many different powerups that it's insane. And while I feel like I SPOILED something for myself look at those pics, you can clearly see what very much looks like SMB2 boss Fryguy in one pic, which leads me to hope that perhaps there is at least a chance we might see Birdo, or Mouser, or Shyguys, or.........dare I say it.............Wart? I can dream.

enditall727 said:
I dont understand why they didn't make Donky Kong Returns and New Super Mario Bros U graphics look like this

I really can't wait to play this

Honestly, the DKCR2 footage was early, and still looked rather good. It takes the same art style as the Wii game, and just adds a lot more texture and volume to it. Which is what you can basically say for NSMBU. That series' art style has always been more simple than flashy, but speaking just on the actual QUALITY of the graphics themselves, NSMBU looks gorgeous. It is more than obviously HD, and everything looks super smooth, with a silky framerate, great textures, you name it. It could look FLASHIER, for sure, but I have trouble imagining that specific NSMB art style looking much better than that.

Love that last picture where Mario is checking out the shark/fish (whatever), I was exactly doing the same took me a few seconds to get the creature =p.

Mr Khan said:

Can't sleep... clown'll eat me...

interesting how this image shows the true definition of a clown: pure demonic evil.