By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo gamers shouldn't care about specs anymore

How about it is it all about Nintendo games and not about speculate specs?

Hell yeah I'm with you i... 103 44.98%

Nah I love arguing with a... 20 8.73%

It's about the games...b... 54 23.58%

quality over quantity thu... 51 22.27%

Total:228

This is not an admission that the Wii U is weak in anyway; but the back and forth bickering between Nintendo loyalist and haters is getting kinda' annoying!!!  I for one don't care if the haters continue to spread rumors on alleged unconfirmed specs coming from their cousin's neighbor's uncle that the Wii U is 176Gflops b/c I have made up my mind that it is a fully customized console with a GPU at least equivalent to a HD Radeon 5550 or e6760 and that's it!!!  I am now saying it's all about how the game looks and if it looks impressive who cares how Nintendo or any developer was able to do it!!! Let's end this and stop feeding the trolls and just talk about how the games coming out for the Wii U look very impressive!!!  As a Nintendo fan you should pledge to not get caught up with these stupid debates that don't really matter; because in the end it's all about the games!!!

Ninty fans can post their favorite screenshots as well as their anticipated games...because it's all about the games!!!

Around the Network

more shots that show games matter more than specs:

like i said in the other thread, Nintendo has a knack for making games look and play amazingly even on limited hardware, thanks to their unique art styles and gameplay, which also happen to greatly affect the games' chances of withstanding the test of time.

i mean look at this!

pretty good for some "underpowered 6th gen equilivant" hardware, don't you think?

MohammadBadir said:

like i said in the other thread, Nintendo has a knack for making games look and play amazingly even on limited hardware, thanks to their unique art styles and gameplay, which also happen to greatly affect the games' chances of withstanding the test of time.

i mean look at this!

pretty good for some "underpowered 6th gen equilivant" hardware, don't you think?

hell yeah now time to post shots of your favorite Wii U games or upcoming games that show it's potential!!!

note all of those are in game shots or equivalent to in game shots...no bullshots like the Division or games run on PC like Deep Down!!! Wii U really showing how it's done!!! Action speaks louder than words!!!

Around the Network

They look perfectly fine to me, though I'm personally a "style" person first and foremost.

This is going to be one of the rare times I agree with the OP. The power thing only turns into a flame-war if Nintendo fans let themselves get drawn into the battle. Yes, power is very important, as it does drive game-play, but the Wii U seems plenty powerful for Nintendo games. If it's the best looking next-gen third-party games you want, then you should probably look into a PS4/XO, but if you're happy with what the Wii U brings to the table, then you're better served ignoring those who disparage it for being weak.

No gamer should care about specs, especially now that we reached the point where every console has what it takes to show amazing looking games.

hell yeah, screenshots straight from the wii u. Nintendo likes to hype up and that is why they always impress us.

But specs are so much fun to argue over! :p

Anyway, screenshots: (Sadly a lot of high rpofile games like Mario Kart and X don't have quality screenshots out yet)

I think specs is the last thing we care about... Art Direction is where its at

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850