By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Got my 360 back today

Ok a few weeks ago I sent in my Elite to be repaired as I was getting constant disk read errors. So I get my 360 today delivered to work and I open the box and BAM my Elite is white!. Being confused I check it out and I am positive this is a premium unit it does have the HDMI slot at least. So i call up MS after 35 min on hold I get in contact with someone and they tell me I sent them a Premium unit. So I go home I get my receipt which has the Elite on it and I fax that over to them. Apparently my Serial # has been somehow entered in the system as a premium unit not elite. After 1 hour of talking with people at MS I will now have to send my 360 back again and they will send my Elite back to me plus add 1000 points to my live account. Anyone else ever have this happen?

So much for playing Lost Odyssey this week :(

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

Around the Network

no not really they send it correctly

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wow ... that's interesting. I think that's a lil carrot - they could just give you a year of LIVE - it doesn't cost that much ...

To be honest mad after 1 hour of talking with them I was just happy to get my Elite back as originally they were giving me a very hard time with it. I didn't really care about the 1000 points by that time.

Happened before:

"I am really, really p.o. 'ed right. Having spent nearly $600 for an XBOX 360 Elite, I played for no more than 15 hours when I got the red light of death. 15 bloody hours!!! And this was the new Elite box, not one of the originals.

So, report the problem, takes 1 week for the box to arrive to ship the unit. Send it in and get it back 7 weeks later. Guess what? Sent in a virtually brand new BLACK Elite and received an old, original WHITE 360. How the hell do you make a mistake like that?

Now I have to go through the whole damn process again. Wait for the box, ship the wrong unit back and wait until they receive it before they will ship back the right, and obviously refurbished, unit. I am really, really ticked. I doubt that I will every buy an XBOX again no matter how good the system might be."

http://forums.hexus.net/microsoft-gaming/111463-great-xbox-360-repair-debacle-7.html

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Wow lucky me to rub it in my face a little more I just get an email from xbox saying an odyssey awaits me lol.

that sucks, but its good that they got everything straighten up and even gave you some points for you trouble.

Customer support seems to make lots of mistakes, the internet is filled with threads like these:

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=8&message.id=1865653

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I just hope i get it back by next weekend as I start my vacation then I was hoping to get a lot of Lost odyssey gameplay in while wife is a work and daughter is school.

Your 360 suffers from a rare skin pigment disease -vitaligo. Michael Jackson had it too. What your XBOX needs now, more than ever is your support. Otherwise, it's gonna molest little boys.