By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey > Blue Dragon on Gamerankings.com

Dno said:
elnino334 said:
As soon as I get my free copy of Halo 3 I am trading it in for this one. Only knock I seen on it is the technical stuff which a number of people here have said hasn't been issue. In terms of the story is up to the individual to decide if they like it or not similar to a movie. I recalled people whining about Blue Dragon's story yet I really enjoyed it. I am just glad 40+ hour rpgs are still being made even if they don't "innovate" they offer a different take on figthing turned based which is what all the older rpgs used to do anyways. Funny thing once we get this "innovation" people will find someway to bitch about it.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

you said everything i was gonna say......now i must not talk i think......

Heh your the second person who's mind I read with the other being a mod so I gets brownie points :)

Around the Network

I picked it up yesterday, and played it now for 2 1/2 hours, I love it, I like it better the n FFXII so far, I don't know why people have complained about story and cutscenes, I live for them, and they're great, and it has good voice acting, it's fun so far, graphics are awesome. I don't think the loadtimes are that bad for all the complaints, unless they get worse later in the game, but honestly I like them, only because I bought the guide book and use the breaks to check it out, so it kind of works out.

It's very traditional with random battles and turnbased fights, but honestly there is nothing wrong with it, it works well here, some older titles had fewer checkpoints to save and a gazillion random battles and that is what killed it for me, but this seems to do that gameplay well, and the rings beefs up interaction during turnbased fights, plus the cinematography during the fights is quite nice.

I did wish though there was a first person camera view I could switch to(even if I had to stay stationary for it) just to get a better view of some things, the world is rich and detailed.

In the end it's exactly what I thought it would be, and more important it's exactly what I wanted it to be.

I wonder if this game had the name of "Final Fantasy" would it be getting so many low review scores...

Lightning - it wouldn't.

That was my argument about FFX. Personally, I don't really see much of a difference between Lost Odyssey and FFVIII-FFX-2.

The LOWEST main-line Final Fantasy rated was X-2, at 86.4%.

Was/is Lost Odyssey better than the piece of crap known as X-2? I tend to think so. Yet LO is 10% lower. How is that justifiable? Oblivion was all too similar of Morrowind, and could be argued that it was an inferior next-gen rehash of MW principles, yet it still garnered 92%+ average rankings. Was that fair for Oblivion? Sure. But why kill LO for the same reasoning?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

there is little doubt that its because it lacks the FF name
No site in their right mind would put a 5/10 for a FF game if they want to retain respect.

This game so far is easily superior to 12 in every way

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network

Blude dragon seemed too cute for me, the demo almost had me sleeping

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive