By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF: Wii U GPU 160 ALUs, 8 TMUs and 8 ROPs

fatslob-:O said:
Hynad said:
eyeofcore said:

Hey... I pwned you... People, look at my comment. Hopefully you will understand.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171277&page=7

Why do I get the feeling you're confusing youtube with gamrconnect?

He is a troll from youtube LOL and he got destroyed so badly at the guys at anandtech.

You act like a troll, stating rumors as fact. Massive failure.

I got pwned at Anandtech, thanks to lack of my knowledge and I learned things and I learned I should not jump to conclusion too early...

You so care about me that you digged so many informations about me... Funny. YOu call me that I am obssessed by you yet you know more about me than I know anything about you. I don't care about you... I only respond to counter your fallacy and ignorance.

edit; also stop stalking me... -_-"

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
Hynad said:
eyeofcore said:

Hey... I pwned you... People, look at my comment. Hopefully you will understand.

He is a troll from youtube LOL and he got destroyed so badly at the guys at anandtech.

I got pwned at Anandtech, thanks to lack of my knowledge and I learned things and I learned I should not jump to conclusion too early...

You so care about me that you digged so many informations about me... Funny. YOu call me that I am obssessed by you yet you know more about me than I know anything about you. I don't care about you... I only respond to counter your fallacy and ignorance.

stop feeding him, this  news and the things Shin em are saying... (Doesn`t fit into agenda, can not compute) LOL

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
eyeofcore said:
Hynad said:
eyeofcore said:

stop feeding him, this  news and the things Shin em are saying... (Doesn`t fit into agenda, can not compute) LOL

Roger that... He's a beast and we should not feed the beast, the beast should starve...

Should we give him nickname; genericbot? lmao

eyeofcore said:
Teriol said:
eyeofcore said:
Hynad said:
eyeofcore said:

Roger that... He's a beast and we should not feed the beast, the beast should starve...

Should we give him nickname; genericbot? lmao

.... i see what you did there!! lol

34 years playing games.

Mmmmm, 176 GFLOPS is certainly more or less in line with the power consumption of the Wii-U, really, assuming a reasonable but still unknown ammount is used by the processors out of the 33W the console consumes under load. Either way, we knew it for ages already - don't know exactly why this is being posted again. In the end of the day the console is weaker than the PS360, but with a more modern GPU architecture, and also not memory starved. No more and no less.

Still, does it really matter? There are more important things. As they say, the Wii U tracks below the Gamecube and nobody blinks an eye, but tell people it's weaker than the PS3 and everybody loses their minds.

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
eyeofcore said:
Teriol said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
So an unnamed "dev" makes several claims with nothing to support it and some people accept every word he says as absolute fact.

Then we get actual developers with their actual names and reputations and they contradict the anonymous "dev" and people just want to bring up vagueness, thermal designs and ignore the fact the "dev" was wrong.

I see.

Your missing something very important in that thread. They were not just talking of downgrade. The had basically listed everyone the most consistent specs. Just to back the "most consistent" part a developer here by the name of nylevia basically stated that the range was 150 to 200. 

I honestly don't believe that "downgrade" but the listed specs seem pretty inline with everything observed so far. Nothing was exactly "vague" in this thread if you knew how high tech would work. Don't just ignore thermal designs of a semiconductor! They may even tell which chip is more "powerful". Process nodes evenly matched, a 5 watt gpu isn' going to be beating a 300 watt gpu anytime soon. The dev maybe wrong about the downgrade but most probably are right about the specs! (After all the wii u consumes less than 35 watts!)

As Wyrdness said, anybody can claim to be a dev and spout the same rumors.  

What we do know is anonymous people say one thing and real developers say something else.  All the numbers in the world don't mean a damn thing if all the numbers are speculation.  Yes, we have the TDP but TDP doesn't tell you the entire story and it's ignorant (in the literal terms, not derogatory) to draw conclusions beyond just that figure.  Especially when they run contrary to what actual developers with actual names are telling us.

so this guy believe in the mantra " anonimous dev" but don't believe in a real dev pricing the WiiU?... for me he is just trolling.

Read my other comments in the thread. In no way were the posts classified as "trolling". If you think I'm trolling then don't be showing up on site forums such as anandtech or toms hardware other highly technical forums otherwise your gonna get destroyed like eyeofcore did when he did it.

What a sad post. Are you obssessing a man over the internet ?  

You can fix your denial but you can't fix the obssession LOLOL. 

You are sad going around all things involving Nintendo, trolling and that... I don't obssessing you, you think yourself highly right? lmao

Yet I don't have an obsession and yet I don't have a denial... Stop doing damage control, its pathetic. Nothing is really certain in all honesty...

You are forcing 160-200 Shaders on basis of rumors and stating them fact based upon cheap Xbox 360 ports that are only optimized for Wii U's hardware to a degree to have a acceptable performance. You will try to twist and take my replies out of context.

LMAO. 

Damn people are getting really mad in here. I think we all know who the winner is so I'll take that as a victory.

haxxiy said:
Mmmmm, 176 GFLOPS is certainly more or less in line with the power consumption of the Wii-U, really, assuming a reasonable but still unknown ammount is used by the processors out of the 33W the console consumes under load. Either way, we knew it for ages already - don't know exactly why this is being posted again. In the end of the day the console is weaker than the PS360, but with a more modern GPU architecture, and also not memory starved. No more and no less.

Still, does it really matter? There are more important things. As they say, the Wii U tracks below the Gamecube and nobody blinks an eye, but tell people it's weaker than the PS3 and everybody loses their minds.

I don´t think that is the case, it´s just that the grand majority has arrived (very, very similar to the Vita fans) at stage 5.

Acceptance

I hate to see this discussion devolve so much. :/

Let me rephrase something I've said earlier: I could choose to believe this information, and that would be fine. There's nothing wrong with putting stock in a good theory, especially when it has supporting evidence. Or I can wait for hard confirmation before coming to my own conclusions. Or I could simply not care at all and make my conclusions about the hardware based on whether or not it has games I desperately want to play.

And all of those viewpoints are logical in their own sense, so I'm left wondering why this thread is rapidly becoming devoid of respect, and by extension, respect for logical thought.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
I hate to see this discussion devolve so much. :/

Let me rephrase something I've said earlier: I could choose to believe this information, and that would be fine. There's nothing wrong with putting stock in a good theory, especially when it has supporting evidence. Or I can wait for hard confirmation before coming to my own conclusions. Or I could simply not care at all and make my conclusions about the hardware based on whether or not it has games I desperately want to play.

And all of those viewpoints are logical in their own sense, so I'm left wondering why this thread is rapidly becoming devoid of respect, and by extension, respect for logical thought.

Dudes like eyeofcore in this is an eye sore to high tech discussion. If we keep ignorant people like him out we can solve the puzzle more easily without disruptions from him. Others like Teriol keep going on to damage control. 

It's devoid of respect because they can't respect an opposing view of another but yeah you should buy the consoles based on games not hardware.