By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Escapist's NFS: Rivals Xbox One Gameplay video actually shows PS4 footage...

Tagged games:

ironmanDX said:
I've never heard of Escapist. Not the best first impression!

www.escapistmagazine.com

A great website, where Zero Puncuation and Jimquisition are published.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Okay, how many times has this happened recently?

It probably doesn't matter in the long run but it's still dishonest. Not a big deal to me but it's really something they shouldn't do.

pokoko said:
It probably doesn't matter in the long run but it's still dishonest. Not a big deal to me but it's really something they shouldn't do.

Or MS didn't have the Xbone version running or it is worst in quality to show.

These are my 2 cents.

ethomaz said:
Sal.Paradise said:

O my god lol, from the same thread

@1:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMqE9yPDpc

They've even tried to hide it, there are mysterious black boxes over the Playstation button prompts until they flicker for a split second revealing the above. Gold!

lol this is from Xbox channel itself.

This is a gameplay demonstration video tho from ubisoft, they werent going to record it all twice. But maybe they should of just used a PC version. 

Around the Network

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ethomaz said:
pokoko said:

Or MS didn't have the Xbone version running or it is worst in quality to show.

These are my 2 cents.

You can clearly see its running shes playing it and he says its 1080p

Best on GAF.

Originally Posted by boredandlazy

It is probably on an XBOne, from a PS4 via the HDMI in... 

So it is Xbone displaying on HDTV after all.

This is the thing devs send out stock footage and images for the media to use, always of the best version, even if the difference is small, its not really anything new that there having to overlay the PS4 footage they've been given to make a descent video preview, they would not want to do it all with the offscreen footage of someone playing the game for the first time, its not going to be exciting.

In the other video I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft were the ones that coloured the PS buttons out before sending it to MS.

Im sure you look back at video previews of the last 8 years, many will be PC footage on console previews.

ethomaz said:

Best on GAF.

Originally Posted by boredandlazy

It is probably on an XBOne, from a PS4 via the HDMI in... 

So it is Xbone displaying on HDTV after all.

The latency of plugging a console through the XO HDMI In is going to be horrific, HDMI In on XO is only for none interactive content like TV.