By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect coming to PC, Published by EA.

Umm... we've all known this for a minute. Hopefully they fix the horrendus texture pop-in, and graphical snafu's. But knowing EA, what can I expect? Nothing.

Around the Network

@Bod
A Microsoft executive came out and said they have to decide whats more important, publishing rights or console exclusivity. Hours later EA announce that they have publishing rights and that it is going to PC.

No one has said that ME 2 WILL be a 360 console exclusive, but these events and their timing certainly look like MS made a deal with EA to secure the franchise for MS platforms.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

>EA gets publishing rights and MS gets exclusivity on the Mass Effect IP

and where did any article mention that MS gets exclusivity on Mass effect IP??

All it said is that this Mass Effect game will be exclusive on PC and 360

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

As for the reason to own a 360??? To upgrade my computer just to where it would need to be to run an ME port would cost me $AU1000. An Xbox 360 Pro costs $AU550 with a couple of games included. Add to this the fact that the PC would need continual upgrades, and loads of other 360 console exclusives undoubtedly will have higher specs than ME on PC, and you have some very good reasons to own an Xbox.

Additionally, as hardcore as many PC gamers are, the majority of gamers don't play anything other than casual internet games on PC.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I hate when people say a game isn't a Microsoft Exclusive when it is on the PC. It's like saying a Wii game that goes to the DS isn't still exclusive to Nintendo. The PC is just another one of Microsofts platforms. Now if it goes to Macs then it is no longer exclusive.

So for all of you saying this is another reason not to buy a 360. I don't think MS really cares since you are still playing the game on one of their platforms.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Is this the third thread on this today? Did people really not expect this?
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17144&start=0#end

Well, thing is, the game was always going to be on the PC, but there's always 1-3 years before that happens. A real fan of Bioware is not going to wait a minimum of 1 year for a Bioware game, especially since the procedure will repeat itself with ME2 & 3. I just hope it sells well on PC, Bioware deserves it, but I doubt it