By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the site is seriously undertracking PSP games in Others !!!

First of all , I would want to say that this site is great , and I love it ( just before all haters will throw themself at me ) . I know that ioi and the others who track data are doing their best , and Its normal for the site to have a couple of minuses , especially if its entirely for free to use .  The only thing I dont like about the site , are the people , who keep on yelling how terrible PSP software sale are . I admit , they are bad , but not even far as bad ( at least in Others ) as it would seem .

This week , the Others chart show us that only 14299 games where sold , and 49522 PSPs ... this would be a terrible attach ratio . But then I looked at a couple of games .

This week FIFA 08 sold on the PSP in Others 5846 copys . WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 08 sold 3434 copys . The Golden Compass sold 2629 copys . The Simpsons Game sold another 2320 copys . So only 4 games sold ... OMG , what a surprise ... exactly 14299 copys !!!

The site is tracking in Others only 4 games ! And last year there where some pretty big EU games released like Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice and Wipeout Pulse . Both are much bigger in the EU than in the US .

So please , before you yell : " OMG teh PSP haz no software salez !!!! " think about this thread , and maybe , just maybe I finally convinced some that the PSP is actually selling games ( not much , but enough to keep 3rd party support ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Wow - what happeneD?

It's a well-known fact that PSP games aren't fully tracked in the Europe+Other software charts. If you track the software data as far back as you can and go forward week-by-week, there's only about 3 or 4 games that actually show up.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

^why does that happen? ioi?

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous to overlook, no? There's gotta be a reason for such a blatant oversight.

Around the Network

lol, nice find.

AT LEAST estimate other PSP sales, That's why I think games like Jean D'arc is grossly under-tracked, it's a game that will sell over 1000/per week WW for a looong time to come, and yet, we probably don't even track it at all.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Come here ioi!

okay so it's not doing horribly bad, just horribly

what's the big deal?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Oh well you are not the first one saying this =p.

hunter_alien said:

First of all , I would want to say that this site is great , and I love it ( just before all haters will throw themself at me ) . I know that ioi and the others who track data are doing their best , and Its normal for the site to have a couple of minuses , especially if its entirely for free to use . The only thing I dont like about the site , are the people , who keep on yelling how terrible PSP software sale are . I admit , they are bad , but not even far as bad ( at least in Others ) as it would seem .

This week , the Others chart show us that only 14299 games where sold , and 49522 PSPs ... this would be a terrible attach ratio . But then I looked at a couple of games .

This week FIFA 08 sold on the PSP in Others 5846 copys . WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 08 sold 3434 copys . The Golden Compass sold 2629 copys . The Simpsons Game sold another 2320 copys . So only 4 games sold ... OMG , what a surprise ... exactly 14299 copys !!!

The site is tracking in Others only 4 games ! And last year there where some pretty big EU games released like Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice and Wipeout Pulse . Both are much bigger in the EU than in the US .

So please , before you yell : " OMG teh PSP haz no software salez !!!! " think about this thread , and maybe , just maybe I finally convinced some that the PSP is actually selling games ( not much , but enough to keep 3rd party support ) .

It's not the first time i see the question.

The total, you speak, is only the total for the game of the top 50, so not the right total you think.

It's a fact, the totals in others are only totals for the game in the top 50.

And, you can imagine there is a lot of game selling about 1000 copies behind the fourth game you speek, which give better software sales for the psp, but not incredible sales, because it's not the case, because piracy for exemple.