By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 15 minutes of Dead Rising 3 - Daytime Footage...

Wright said:
Slimebeast said:

It doesn't look next gen honestly. Looks half way between current gen and next gen. Bloated textures (quality is all over the place. On main characters it's very sharp but on zombies and environments very washed out), low poly models, primitive lighting and so on.

It may not look next-gen, but does it FEEL next gen? :P

How do I know when something FEELS next-gen?

OT: Game looks very nice, though it doesn't look like the comical and crazy Dead Rising I know and love. Seems to have a more serious tone. Maybe I just miss Chuck Green(I think that was his name? Or Chuck Nice).

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
Wright said:
Slimebeast said:

It doesn't look next gen honestly. Looks half way between current gen and next gen. Bloated textures (quality is all over the place. On main characters it's very sharp but on zombies and environments very washed out), low poly models, primitive lighting and so on.

How do I know when something FEELS next-gen? OT: Game looks very nice, though it doesn't look like the comical and crazy Dead Rising I know and love. Seems to have a more serious tone. Maybe I just miss Chuck Green(I think that was his name? Or Chuck Nice).

You know when you play it. Dead Rising felt next-gen to me, and the graphics weren't that much better of those of God of War 2, which was a ps2 game.

For the record, the story in Dead Rising 2 was pretty serious, especially since you had the life of your daughter at risk. The zanziness and crazyness could be found in the gameplay. You can say the same about DR3 if you've been checking developers videos. Dead Rising 1 story was serious as well, though it managed to be satirical and ironic at the same time, something DR2 (and probably DR3 as well) couldn't replicate.

Wright said:
Cj2i3 said:
Wright said:
Slimebeast said:

How do I know when something FEELS next-gen? OT: Game looks very nice, though it doesn't look like the comical and crazy Dead Rising I know and love. Seems to have a more serious tone. Maybe I just miss Chuck Green(I think that was his name? Or Chuck Nice).

You know when you play it. Dead Rising felt next-gen to me, and the graphics weren't that much better of those of God of War 2, which was a ps2 game.

For the record, the story in Dead Rising 2 was pretty serious, especially since you had the life of your daughter at risk. The zanziness and crazyness could be found in the gameplay. You can say the same about DR3 if you've been checking developers videos. Dead Rising 1 story was serious as well, though it managed to be satirical and ironic at the same time, something DR2 (and probably DR3 as well) couldn't replicate.

Dua-gh-ter?

Oh yeah, I let her go after I gave up looking for zombrex. She was holding back my potential to become leader of the zombies.

For the most part DR has always been a little overboard whether it's the bosses or the way you dress, maybe it's the new color pallet that has me assuming it won't be the old DR or perhaps I don't want it to be the DR I love or I'm gonna need to get a XBOX One on the twenty second. And I've already hopped on another bandwagon.

Does it have 4-player coop or still just 2?

Cj2i3 said:

Dua-gh-ter?

Oh yeah, I let her go after I gave up looking for zombrex. She was holding back my potential to become leader of the zombies.

For the most part DR has always been a little overboard whether it's the bosses or the way you dress, maybe it's the new color pallet that has me assuming it won't be the old DR or perhaps I don't want it to be the DR I love or I'm gonna need to get a XBOX One on the twenty second. And I've already hopped on another bandwagon.

Does it have 4-player coop or still just 2?

Just two. Honestly that pisses me a bit. But what pisses me even is the lack of offline co-op. A game like this would be a huge enjoyement with an added couch co-op :(

walsufnir said:
Chris Hu said:
Azerth said:
Also no loading times

Since you have to install all X1 game none of them should have any noticable load times.

What? PC games have full installs since ever and don't tell me you never noticed loading times in PC games?!

I don't play PC games and if a game is done right it should have no noticable load times when its installed.  Also there are games that run of discs that have no noticable load times Infinite Undiscovery is probably a good example of that the game has no load times and it runs of the disc.

Around the Network

Can't wait to make those combo vehicles to kill tons of them in a short time.

Chris Hu said:
walsufnir said:
Chris Hu said:
Azerth said:
Also no loading times

Since you have to install all X1 game none of them should have any noticable load times.

What? PC games have full installs since ever and don't tell me you never noticed loading times in PC games?!

I don't play PC games and if a game is done right it should have no noticable load times when its installed.  Also there are games that run of discs that have no noticable load times Infinite Undiscovery is probably a good example of that the game has no load times and it runs of the disc.

Ok you don't play PC games so I will tell you. There are load times. Of course there are because they have to decompress a lot of data into ram if it's level- or map-based. This has nothing to do with "done right" but with technical limitations.

Think of a game with discrete maps/levels you can choose. Do you expect every map already present in ram? Of course not because every level/map wants to use the available ram as much as possible. So when you select a certain map/level then the game loads data into ram.

It looks amazing, far better than I thought it would. When I eventually get an X1 this is on my radar. Also the commentary is hilarious

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw